In-demand Norwich City winger seals loan switch to Scottish top-flight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young Norwich City winger Simon Power will get a season to impress in Scotland, after joining Premiership new boys Ross County on loan.
The 21-year-old Irishman will spend the 2019-20 campaign under co-managers Steven Ferguson and Stuart Kettlewell at Victoria Park, following the Staggies' Championship title success last term.
"We are delighted to get Simon in," said Kettlewell, with Power having already joined his new team-mates at their pre-season training camp in the Netherlands.
"He is a young player that we see as having great potential and can play a great part in what we are trying to achieve at the club.
"Coming from Norwich City, he will have an excellent pedigree and is a player I am sure the fans will take too instantly.
You may also want to watch:
"We also want to take the opportunity to thank Norwich City for allowing Simon to come here. It's really encouraging that clubs such as Norwich see value in sending young players up to us.
"With the importance of this season for us all, to be able to get good players like Simon in the door just helps us add a bit more strength to what we feel is becoming a really strong squad here at Ross County."
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
Power joined City's academy set-up from League of Ireland side University College Dublin in January 2018 after a successful trial, signing a new two and a half-year deal 12 months later as he joined Dutch second tier outfit Dordrecht on loan.
A goal on his full debut against Ajax Under-21s caught the eye but minutes were hard to come by during the rest of his four-month spell, interrupted for five weeks by a calf injury.
However that hasn't stopped the likes of Borussia Dortmund, Lyon, Ajax and PSV Eindhoven being linked with interest in the winger, who also helped Republic of Ireland's Under-21s to the semi-finals of this summer's Toulon Tournament alongside fellow Canaries youngster Adam Idah.
Power joins Sean Raggett (Portsmouth), Carlton Morris (Rotherham), Mason Bloomfield (Crawley), Caleb Richards (Tampa Bay Rowdies) and Ciaren Jones (Eastbourne) in securing season-long loans away from Carrow Road for the 2019-20 campaign.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…