‘He’s wasting his time in the BGL Ligue’ - Sinani’s boss addresses City move speculation
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Norwich City target Danel Sinani is ‘wasting his time’ in the Luxembourg first division, according to his manager Bertrand Crassen.
The winger returned to top-flight action on Sunday following a winter break, and Sinani netted a hat-trick to push F91 Dudelange up to 5th in the table.
Whilst Sinani has remained tight-lipped on the speculation surrounding his future, his head coach did comment on the situation last Friday.
"It's normal that clubs are interested in him with a contract ending at the end of the season, but for now, he's still with us. Knowing Danel a bit, he's not the kind to be destabilised by that.
"I've actually had confirmation of his implication by talking with him, even if it's only human to think of your future in such circumstances," Crassen told Le Quotidien.
You may also want to watch:
"Let's be honest, he's wasting his time this year in the BGL Ligue, so, next year, he'll need to find himself a club capable of helping him take that next step. For now, however, it won't make our opponents happy to see he's still well and truly here."
MORE: City transfer lowdown - Roberts, Amadou, Sinani, McCallum and SittiSinani emerged as a surprise transfer target during the January transfer window and City's sporting director Stuart Webber confirmed City's interest in the Luxembourg international in an exclusive interview with the PinkUn last week.
"For sure he's a player of interest to us whose contract is up this coming summer. We were never going to bring him in January," said Webber. "That was never on our agenda.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
"He's one we're interested in for the medium term, he's a good player, albeit playing at a very difficult level to really assess but again he fits the type of player that we look for.
"If we could do something we would be really happy.
"We respect he is under contract to his current club, although with a European player we can officially speak to him. It's not right to talk too much but I am not going to sit here and lie and say we don't know him or he is not a player of interest."