Sinani helps Luxembourg to win as City strikers prepare for Ireland’s clash with Finland
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City forward Danel Sinani won his 22nd international cap as Luxembourg won their first match in almost 18 months.
The minnows won their Uefa Nations League Group C1 opener 2-1 in Azerbaijan on Saturday, with the 23-year-old coming on in the 59th minute as his nation finished a run of 10 games without a win, stretching back to a Euro 2020 qualification win over Lithuania in March 2019.
The game was won by a penalty soon after Sinani had been introduced but he was not involved in the incident.
Next up is a home game against Montenegro on Tuesday (7.45pm) as Luxembourg look to continue their enjoyment of the Nations League, having gained promotion in 2018 after winning three of their six games in Group D.
Two Canaries players will be on opposing sides this afternoon, as Republic of Ireland host Finland in Group B4 (5pm).
You may also want to watch:
City youngster Adam Idah won his first senior international cap as Ireland drew 1-1 in Bulgaria on Thursday, playing the opening 77 minutes before being replaced by Southampton striker Shane Long, with Brighton defender Shane Duffy heading in an injury-time equaliser.
Pukki played the full game as the Finns lost 1-0 to Wales in Helsinki - only the second of his nation’s last nine games in which he hasn’t scored, winning his 81st cap.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto