Sinani called up by Luxembourg to make it 15 absentees for Luton cup clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s confirmed absentees for their League Cup clash against Luton Town has grown to 15 as Danel Sinani has been called up for Luxembourg.
The 23-year-old joined the Canaries on a free transfer from his home country after spending three years with F91 Dudelange. The attacker has 21 international appearances to his name and has netted on three occasions for his country.
Sinani made his first City appearance in the friendly fixture against MK Dons last week and he set up the opening goal when he teed up Josh Martin to open the scoring.
Luxembourg will play three fixtures during the international break, with the first being against German third division side FC Saarbrucken on Tuesday, September 1.
Sinani will be then be involved in Nations League fixtures against Azerbaijan on Saturday, September 5 before concluding the international break with a home fixture against Montenegro on Tuesday, September 8.
You may also want to watch:
The attacker joins 14 other confirmed absentees that will miss the Canaries Carabao Cup first-round game against Luton a week on Saturday.
Ben Godfrey, Todd Cantwell, Oliver Skipp and Max Aarons were all called up to England’s Under-21 squad earlier in the day.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 5 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 10 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
Tim Krul, Michael McGovern, Kenny McLean, Jamal Lewis, Przemyslaw Placheta, Adam Idah and Jacob Sorensen will also miss the fixture. Josip Drmic and Emi Buendia will serve the second of their three match suspensions following red cards against Burnley.