‘It doesn’t get any better than that’ - City fans react to memorable win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s sensational victory against Manchester City prompted an outpouring of reaction on social media.
Goals from Kenny McLean, Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki sealed a historic win for City, who beat a Manchester City side who hadn't been defeated in 25 Premier League fixtures. The crowd inside Carrow Road was eletric. Every tackle, block or clearance led to a standing ovation complemented with a roar that could be heard around the City.
Given the nature of the victory, numerous members of the Canary nation took to Twitter to share their reactions.
Even famous Norwich City supporter Stephen Fry tweeted his delight in the aftermath of the win. The actor tweeted about a 'staggering performance' praising Norwich's operators to his 12 million followers on the social media platform.
Other supporters, such as Matt Ware, spoke about how the Barclay was 'vibrating' throughout the game whilst others told how they were nearly in tears at the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Norwich City is a difficult away fixture to Burnley, where they'll be hoping to record another victory to push them up the table. Norwich have won two of their five games back at Premier League level and sit 12th in the table.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round