‘It doesn’t get any better than that’ - City fans react to memorable win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s sensational victory against Manchester City prompted an outpouring of reaction on social media.
Goals from Kenny McLean, Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki sealed a historic win for City, who beat a Manchester City side who hadn't been defeated in 25 Premier League fixtures. The crowd inside Carrow Road was eletric. Every tackle, block or clearance led to a standing ovation complemented with a roar that could be heard around the City.
Given the nature of the victory, numerous members of the Canary nation took to Twitter to share their reactions.
Even famous Norwich City supporter Stephen Fry tweeted his delight in the aftermath of the win. The actor tweeted about a 'staggering performance' praising Norwich's operators to his 12 million followers on the social media platform.
Other supporters, such as Matt Ware, spoke about how the Barclay was 'vibrating' throughout the game whilst others told how they were nearly in tears at the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Next up for Norwich City is a difficult away fixture to Burnley, where they'll be hoping to record another victory to push them up the table. Norwich have won two of their five games back at Premier League level and sit 12th in the table.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 7 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis