‘Down with a whimper’ - Social media reacts to Norwich City’s relegation
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s defeat to West Ham United confirmed their return to the Championship - and City supporters have been left feeling disheartened following a record-breaking fifth relegation from the Premier League.
Michail Antonio scored all four goals as the Canaries were thrashed 4-0 by West Ham United - with David Moyes’ men taking a massive step towards Premier League safety.
City boss Daniel Farke named an unchanged starting XI - with the line-up consisting of players who had featured in the title-winning season last year.
Their quest to continue dining at English football’s top table has been brutally ended, with the Canaries looking a shadow of the side who played vibrant, attacking and exhilarating football that saw them promoted.
A period of soul-searching will now begin - with the post-mortem into how City’s season has ended in relegation once again.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters and pundits following the Canaries relegation from the top-flight
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit