‘Difficult to watch’ - Social media responds with frustration to City’s 1-0 defeat to Chelsea
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s defeat to Chelsea saw them set two unwanted records - with their eighth straight defeat in the league a club record alongside the loss confirming their lowest ever points tally in a league campaign.
Olivier Giroud profited from some poor marking from Timm Klose to score the only goal as Frank Lampard’s men continued their charge towards Champions League football next season.
City failed to record a single shot on target at Stamford Bridge as Daniel Farke sought more defensive solidity following his side’s 4-0 defeat to West Ham United on Saturday.
Tuesday’s defeat means City can now finish no higher than 20th - with two games against Burnley and Manchester City left to play in the league.
Tim Krul pulled off a number of impressive saves to prevent the scoreline from being worse, including a fine stop from Christian Pulisic as he tipped his volley on the bar in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, City have been left to rue individual mistakes, with Klose failing to deal with Giroud’s physicality and Todd Cantwell unable to prevent the cross into the box initially.
- Read the thoughts of Norwich City supporters, ex-players and pundits above and below
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes