‘Our performances have merited so much more’ - City supporters deflated after goalless draw with Newcastle United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s season has been frustrating to consume, namely due to the Canaries being unable to extract maximum points from positive performances.
Supporters on social media have bemoaned City's inability to convert chances after Daniel Farke's men racked up 19 efforts on goal without scoring against Newcastle United.
The Canaries have now failed to score from open play since New Year's Day in the league, with confidence seemingly in short supply.
Teemu Pukki squandered a number of chances and United goalkeeper Martin Dubravka smothered City's other opportunities.
United could have taken the lead in the first-half had Miguel Almiron hit the target with his close-range header.
You may also want to watch:
In a game devoid of offensive quality, City displayed endeavour and unlocked United's low block successfully on numerous occasions, only to find themselves failing to pick up the three points they desperately require in their battle against the drop.
As they search for a spark to help kick-start a great escape, they prepare for champions elect Liverpool to arrive at Carrow Road.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
- Read the thoughts of supporters above and below