‘Our performances have merited so much more’ - City supporters deflated after goalless draw with Newcastle United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s season has been frustrating to consume, namely due to the Canaries being unable to extract maximum points from positive performances.
Supporters on social media have bemoaned City's inability to convert chances after Daniel Farke's men racked up 19 efforts on goal without scoring against Newcastle United.
The Canaries have now failed to score from open play since New Year's Day in the league, with confidence seemingly in short supply.
Teemu Pukki squandered a number of chances and United goalkeeper Martin Dubravka smothered City's other opportunities.
United could have taken the lead in the first-half had Miguel Almiron hit the target with his close-range header.
You may also want to watch:
In a game devoid of offensive quality, City displayed endeavour and unlocked United's low block successfully on numerous occasions, only to find themselves failing to pick up the three points they desperately require in their battle against the drop.
As they search for a spark to help kick-start a great escape, they prepare for champions elect Liverpool to arrive at Carrow Road.
- 1 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 2 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 6 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 9 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 10 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- Read the thoughts of supporters above and below