‘Down and out’ - City supporters fearing the worst after 4-0 defeat to Manchester United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have taken to social media to share their concern following the Canaries heavy defeat to Manchester United on Saturday.
Marcus Rashford scored a brace on his 200th appearance for the club, with the first being a volley from close-range and the second seeing him dispatch confidently from the penalty spot.
Anthony Martial's glancing header made it three moments later with Mason Greenwood's late strike adding gloss to the victory.
The hosts enjoyed the majority of possession and were rampant in the second half, whilst City struggled to discover any momentum in a fixture where they were comfortably second best.
Todd Cantwell went closest for City just before the break, but saw David de Gea deny his side-footed effort.
You may also want to watch:
Time is running out for City to revive their fortunes. One win 17 matches graphically illustrates their shortcomings in the top-flight.
With the Canaries currently dealing in a currency of wins, next weeks encounter against Bournemouth enters the realms of do or die.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- Read the thoughts of City supporters above and below