‘Down and out’ - City supporters fearing the worst after 4-0 defeat to Manchester United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans have taken to social media to share their concern following the Canaries heavy defeat to Manchester United on Saturday.
Marcus Rashford scored a brace on his 200th appearance for the club, with the first being a volley from close-range and the second seeing him dispatch confidently from the penalty spot.
Anthony Martial's glancing header made it three moments later with Mason Greenwood's late strike adding gloss to the victory.
The hosts enjoyed the majority of possession and were rampant in the second half, whilst City struggled to discover any momentum in a fixture where they were comfortably second best.
Todd Cantwell went closest for City just before the break, but saw David de Gea deny his side-footed effort.
You may also want to watch:
Time is running out for City to revive their fortunes. One win 17 matches graphically illustrates their shortcomings in the top-flight.
With the Canaries currently dealing in a currency of wins, next weeks encounter against Bournemouth enters the realms of do or die.
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- Read the thoughts of City supporters above and below