Lungi named in Denmark Under-21 squad
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
New Norwich City signing Jacob Sorensen has been named in Denmark’s Under-21 squad to face Ukraine and Northern Ireland next month.
The midfielder joined the Canaries from Danish side Esbjerg fB in July and featured in City’s opening friendly against MK Dons on Friday.
Sorensen has played seven times for Denmark’s youth squad, making his debut in 2018 in a 4-1 defeat to Spain’s youngsters.
The 22-year-old has featured predominantly as a centre-back for Albert Capellas’ side.
Lungi’s last international appearance arrived in January in Denmark’s 3-1 victory over Slovakia. The midfielder played 45 minutes as a central defender.
You may also want to watch:
Borussia Dortmund winger Jacob Bruun Larsen has also been named in the side.
The call-up means Sorensen is the latest name to be ruled out for City’s Carabao Cup tie with Luton Town on Saturday, September 5. He joins Jamal Lewis, Michael McGovern, Tim Krul, Adam Idah and Przemyslaw Placheta as absentees for the game.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion