Lungi named in Denmark Under-21 squad
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
New Norwich City signing Jacob Sorensen has been named in Denmark’s Under-21 squad to face Ukraine and Northern Ireland next month.
The midfielder joined the Canaries from Danish side Esbjerg fB in July and featured in City’s opening friendly against MK Dons on Friday.
Sorensen has played seven times for Denmark’s youth squad, making his debut in 2018 in a 4-1 defeat to Spain’s youngsters.
The 22-year-old has featured predominantly as a centre-back for Albert Capellas’ side.
Lungi’s last international appearance arrived in January in Denmark’s 3-1 victory over Slovakia. The midfielder played 45 minutes as a central defender.
You may also want to watch:
Borussia Dortmund winger Jacob Bruun Larsen has also been named in the side.
The call-up means Sorensen is the latest name to be ruled out for City’s Carabao Cup tie with Luton Town on Saturday, September 5. He joins Jamal Lewis, Michael McGovern, Tim Krul, Adam Idah and Przemyslaw Placheta as absentees for the game.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 10 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe