Souey not looking for a return with City
Graeme Souness is unlikely to be heading to Carrow Road after he ruled out a move to Bolton following the sacking of Sammy Lee. The former Rangers and Liverpool boss was high on a list of potential candidates and was interviewed by Bolton chairman Phil Gartside last week following Lee's departure from the Reebok Stadium.
Graeme Souness is unlikely to be heading to Carrow Road after he ruled out a move to Bolton following the sacking of Sammy Lee.
The former Rangers and Liverpool boss was high on a list of potential candidates and was interviewed by Bolton chairman Phil Gartside last week following Lee's departure from the Reebok Stadium.
But sources in the north revealed he has not turned down Bolton for a move to Norwich. Reports, however, suggest that Charlton assistant manager Phil Parkinson has been interviewed by Norwich for the vacant managerial post at Carrow Road.
The former Colchester and Hull City boss moved to The Valley in January to take over as Alan Pardew's assistant, but has been linked with a number of clubs in recent months, including South London rivals Millwall. Parkinson is highly-rated and enjoyed success with Colchester, who he guided to automatic promotion from League One in 2006, before leaving for an ill-fated five-month spell at the KC Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
The 39-year-old resigned as Hull boss in December 2006 and moved to The Valley a month later, but he is being lined up to take over at the Canaries. However, it is understood that Stoke City boss Tony Pulis, former Leicester City manager Martin Allen and Norway boss Aage Hareide are also in the running for the Norwich job.
- 1 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 2 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 3 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 5 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved
- 10 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender