Year formed: 1885
Ground: St Mary's Stadium, Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP
You may also want to watch:
2008/09 average: 17,849
For visitors: 3,200 in the Northam Stand
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
Position last season: 23rd in the Championship
Manager: Alan Pardew (July 2009)
Player to watch - Adam Lallana: One of the few saleable assets left at the financially-stricken south coast club, it looks as if the Saints will struggle to hold on to him before the transfer window closes. However, if he stays, plenty will rest on the shoulders of the diminutive frontman. Tricky and skilful, Lallana is a creative force just off the main strikers.
Record transfer fee paid: �4m (Rory Delap, Derby, 1997)
Record transfer fee received: �9.1m (Theo Walcott, Arsenal, 2006)
Ticket office: 0800 280 0050
Ticket prices: Adult �22-�26, concessions �10-�19
Official website: www.saintsfc.co.uk
Distance: 202 miles
Journey time: 3 hrs, 40 mins
For directions to the ground go to www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/away-guide/Map.aspx
Pub: St Mary's sells alcohol but many pubs near the ground are closed to away fans. If visiting Canaries have some time on their hands, they could try the city centre, where The Station offers a variety of beers and ciders. There's also the Prince of Wales at 198 Northam Road, Southampton, SO14 0QF� and the Bevois Castle Hotel at 63 Onslow Road, Southampton, SO14 0JL�.
Last league meeting: Norwich City 2, Southampton 2 (27 January, 2009): Bryan Gunn's his first match in charge had looked to be heading his way with goals from skipper Mark Fotheringham and a superb 30-yard strike from Wes Hoolahan within the space of two minutes just before the interval. Kayne McLaggon made it interesting just before the hour mark, before Marek Saganowski ensured Saints took home a point 12 minutes from time.
City connection: A legendary Southampton and England striker, Mick Channon spent his twilight years at Carrow Road.