Southampton loanee ready to shine in Tettey’s absence for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has backed Harrison Reed to fill the boots of injury victim Alex Tettey for Norwich City.
The former Norway international has been ruled out for around a month with a calf injury, with Southampton loanee Reed likely to replace the 31-year-old in defensive midfield against Hull today.
“Harry is a really good player. It was not that we had to substitute him after the first games because he had some bad performances, totally not, I think he played really consistently,” City boss Farke said.
“We had some tactical changes and he was sometimes on the bench but he had some really good appearances, so when I think about Reading (a 2-1 away win), the last 25 minutes he was really good.
“He played in the cup at Brentford and was really good, I trust Harry totally and he’s a really good player.”
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old has made nine appearances so far, with Farke adding: “I told him he will be, and still is, really important for us and will be in the future – especially when there are some players out in this area of the pitch, like Alex Tettey. We 100 per cent need him.”
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 City keeper issues injury update
- 4 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 10 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League