Southampton loanee ready to shine in Tettey’s absence for Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has backed Harrison Reed to fill the boots of injury victim Alex Tettey for Norwich City.
The former Norway international has been ruled out for around a month with a calf injury, with Southampton loanee Reed likely to replace the 31-year-old in defensive midfield against Hull today.
“Harry is a really good player. It was not that we had to substitute him after the first games because he had some bad performances, totally not, I think he played really consistently,” City boss Farke said.
“We had some tactical changes and he was sometimes on the bench but he had some really good appearances, so when I think about Reading (a 2-1 away win), the last 25 minutes he was really good.
“He played in the cup at Brentford and was really good, I trust Harry totally and he’s a really good player.”
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old has made nine appearances so far, with Farke adding: “I told him he will be, and still is, really important for us and will be in the future – especially when there are some players out in this area of the pitch, like Alex Tettey. We 100 per cent need him.”
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries and Hornets clash in title tussle
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know