Southampton still aiming for play-offs
Adam Lallana says Carrow Road can be the venue for an unlikely charge towards a play-off spot for Southampton.Saints are currently well adrift of the top six, the 10-point deduction for going into administration proving a heavy weight around their necks.
Adam Lallana says Carrow Road can be the venue for an unlikely charge towards a play-off spot for Southampton.
Saints are currently well adrift of the top six, the 10-point deduction for going into administration proving a heavy weight around their necks.
In fact they are still only four points clear of the relegation positions after an indifferent run of league form that has seen them take just six points from their previous five matches.
But the midfielder believes they can close the 18-point gap between them and sixth place and make an unlikely challenge for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
First, Saints need to shake off the after-effects of their 4-1 FA Cup battering at home to arch-rivals Portsmouth at the weekend.
“We're out of the cup now, so we've got our head back on the league for the game at Norwich next weekend,” said the 21-year-old.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
“We've got to come into training on Monday with our heads focused on that game. We've got to get back out on the training pitch and work harder and be fit and focused for the weekend.
“We're still on a push for the play-offs - I think there are 18 games or so to go and we've got to push to win as many games as we can and hopefully we'll sneak in there.”
City have an extra 1,000 tickets for the Southampton game.
Saints have taken an allocation of 1,400 - freeing up much sought-after home seats, with tickets going on general sale from 9am this morning. The visitors have currently sold almost 800 tickets.