Nickname: The Shrimpers
Year formed: 1906
Ground: Roots Hall, Victoria Ave, Southend-On-Sea, SS2 6NQ
You may also want to watch:
2008/09 average: 7,850
For visitors: 2,000 in the North Stand
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
Position last season: 8th in League One
Manager: Steve Tilson (November 2003)
Player to watch - Francis Laurent: Signed from Germany, the French forward seems to have found his feet in Essex and is fast becoming a bedrock of Steve Tilson's side. Capable of playing wide or down the centre, Laurent is blessed with pace to burn and the skills to match, and is fast adding goalscoring to his list of traits.
Record transfer fee paid: �750,000 (Stan Collymore, Crystal Palace)
Record transfer fee received: �3,570,000 (Stan Collymore, Nottingham Forest)
Ticket office: 01702 304050
Ticket prices: Adult �20-�22, concessions �10-�14
Official website: www.southendunited.co.uk
Distance: 98 miles
Journey time: 2 hrs, 12 mins
For directions to the ground go to www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/away-guide/Map.aspx
Pub: There is a Wetherspoons (The Last Post, 8 Clifftown Road, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 1AB�) and a few other bars on the seafront, two miles from the ground. Closer is The Blue Boar where the meeting to form Southend United was held. There's also the Victoria Court Bar at Thamesgate House, 33-41 Victoria Ave, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 6DF�.
Last league meeting: Norwich City 0, Southend United 0 (26 December, 2006): Norwich City broke a sequence stretching back more than two years when the goals finally dried up at Carrow Road. It was the first goalless draw at home since September 18, 2004, when Aston Villa were the visitors. The crowd's reaction was hardly surprising given that City had just been held by the league's bottom side, who took their points tally away from home this season to the grand total of four.
City connection: Spencer Prior was signed by Norwich from Southend in 1993 for �300,000.