Spixworth United notes
North Walsham Town 2 Spixworth United 1A very disappointing result for Spixworth on Saturday, making the short trip to North Walsham they lost 2 - 1.
North Walsham Town 2 Spixworth United 1
A very disappointing result for Spixworth on Saturday, making the short trip to North Walsham they lost 2 - 1. Credit to North Walsham, a young side who produced a very workmanlike team performance, but this was a below par showing from Spixworth. If we are to be challenging the leading clubs then we have to build on good performances, the like of which was produced the previous Saturday against Thetford Town.
News of our Norfolk Senior Cup tie at holders Kings Lynn reserves in the next round, might have distracted a few team members. Our first half showing would certainly suggest this was the case. Apart from a Mark Pitcher volley being cleared off the line our goal threat was virtually non existent! Lee Cosgrove, Damian Didwell and Lee Askew creating the only other chances worth mentioning. Against the run of play North Walsham went ahead, arguably thanks to a slice of good fortune, Spixworth supporters claiming their goal was several yards offside!
Following a constructive team talk at half time, Spixworth, inspired by Ryan Smith, began the second half with great determination. Within five minutes Ryan had set up Damian Didwell to grab the equaliser, maintaining his current excellent goalscoring form. The goal sparked a very good fifteen minute period for Spixworth which should have been capitalised upon. Failure to do so proved costly as play evened out and then became scrappy for a while before a dreadful mix up between Ross Bilham and Peter Williams gifted North Walsham their second and what proved to be the winning goal! Spixworth appeared visibly deflated, and now struggled to make any impression. A couple of chances were created, both from long distance, but being honest we did not look like gaining an equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Injury to the ever reliable Luke Humphrey further added to the afternoons disappointment. Hopefully Luke will be fit for the weekend but our main concern is to establish greater consistency with our performances and results.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion