Spixworth United notes
North Walsham Town 2 Spixworth United 1A very disappointing result for Spixworth on Saturday, making the short trip to North Walsham they lost 2 - 1.
North Walsham Town 2 Spixworth United 1
A very disappointing result for Spixworth on Saturday, making the short trip to North Walsham they lost 2 - 1. Credit to North Walsham, a young side who produced a very workmanlike team performance, but this was a below par showing from Spixworth. If we are to be challenging the leading clubs then we have to build on good performances, the like of which was produced the previous Saturday against Thetford Town.
News of our Norfolk Senior Cup tie at holders Kings Lynn reserves in the next round, might have distracted a few team members. Our first half showing would certainly suggest this was the case. Apart from a Mark Pitcher volley being cleared off the line our goal threat was virtually non existent! Lee Cosgrove, Damian Didwell and Lee Askew creating the only other chances worth mentioning. Against the run of play North Walsham went ahead, arguably thanks to a slice of good fortune, Spixworth supporters claiming their goal was several yards offside!
Following a constructive team talk at half time, Spixworth, inspired by Ryan Smith, began the second half with great determination. Within five minutes Ryan had set up Damian Didwell to grab the equaliser, maintaining his current excellent goalscoring form. The goal sparked a very good fifteen minute period for Spixworth which should have been capitalised upon. Failure to do so proved costly as play evened out and then became scrappy for a while before a dreadful mix up between Ross Bilham and Peter Williams gifted North Walsham their second and what proved to be the winning goal! Spixworth appeared visibly deflated, and now struggled to make any impression. A couple of chances were created, both from long distance, but being honest we did not look like gaining an equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Injury to the ever reliable Luke Humphrey further added to the afternoons disappointment. Hopefully Luke will be fit for the weekend but our main concern is to establish greater consistency with our performances and results.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City