Decent debut from Rupp but chances missed to make an instant impact for City at Spurs
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed Lukas Rupp as the January signing made his first Premier League start during the Canaries’ narrow 2-1 defeat at Tottenham.
7 - Ryan Sessegnon lucky to not be booked, catching Max Aarons late after Rupp had worked with Kenny McLean to dispossess the left-back - with the German starting on the right in place of the injured Emi Buendia.
8 - Nice thread to Teemu Pukki into the right channel but Jan Vertonghen beats the striker to it, City attack through Aarons and Rupp's low cross is cleared.
19 - Duda robs Lamela in midfield but Rupp has no passing options and has to go back to Zimmermann.
25 - Poor moment, turns backwards and dwells on the ball, no pass on and is robbed by Harry Winks, drags him down on halfway to prevent Spurs attacking.
You may also want to watch:
27 - Beaten by Sessegnon and twice can't halt him, Aarons does, for a goal-kick.
28 - McLean wins the ball back twice in midfield, Rupp's first attempt to play Ondrej Duda down the right is cleared, then Rupp picks up the pieces to find Todd Cantwell. Eventually Rupp plays a nice-one-two to Aarons in the box and cleared for a corner.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat
32 - Good left-footed switch to Sam Byram on the left, he finds Pukki on the edge of the box, who hits it low across goal.
45 - CHANCE - Lovely skill from Aarons on the right after being found by McLean, shimmies towards the box, Pukki collects cross and tees up Rupp on the edge of the box, but pokes right-footed shot beyond the far post, needed a left-footed shot.
52 - McLean with a lovely pass forward to Pukki, Rupp in support and tees up Cantwell, who blasts a shot against Toby Alderweireld's arm, but it's in front of his body, no VAR check, no penalty.
60 - Pukki robs Sessegnon, Rupp in support to find Alex Tettey, gets it back and exchanges a one-two with Cantwell but offside flag.
70 - Aarons brought down by Sessegnon to win a penalty, after starting a move on the right by finding Rupp, who holds up and finds Duda, who prods into the box and Aarons clipped. Pukki equalises.
83 - CHANCE - Onel Hernandez bundles through on the left, Pukki prods to Rupp on the edge and low shot is flying towards bottom-left corner but deflected just past the post.
86 - Replaced by Josip Drmic.
VERDICT: Worked hard, didn't look totally comfortably on the wing but linked well with Aarons and posed a goal threat from the edge of the box, a decent debut effort against a good team.
RATING: 7 out of 10