Norwich City transfer rumours: Spurs boss Mourinho interested in signing City starlet Lewis
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho is set to be handed a transfer war chest this summer - and reportedly wants to sign Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis.
The 22-year-old has featured on 19 occasions this season for City, although found himself occupying the bench at the turn of the year due to the impressive form of Sam Byram.
Lewis had re-emerged as a pivotal cog to Daniel Farke’s system prior to the coronavirus suspension and had nailed down a consistent starting berth in the side following Byram’s hamstring injury.
The Northern Irish international netted his first league goal for the Canaries against Leicester City after superbly volleying the ball beyond Kasper Schmeichel and into the net as City recorded a 1-0 victory.
According to German outlet BILD, Mourinho has been provided with significant funds to strengthen his squad accordingly, with City starlet Lewis on a shortlist of potential incomings.
You may also want to watch:
Mourinho is planning a squad overhaul this summer, with the full-back positions high on his list of priorities.
Max Aarons has been linked relentlessly with a move to North London, but BILD are reporting that Spurs would prefer to sign OGC Nice right-back Youcef Atal.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
Lewis is said to be Mourinho’s left-back of choice, with Ryan Sessegnon failing to impress the Portuguese since he arrived at the club in November.
Experienced left-back Danny Rose is currently on loan at Newcastle United and is expected to move on this summer.
Lewis impressed in City’s FA Cup victory over Spurs earlier this month and Mourinho is a keen suitor, according to the report.
Mourinho added Steven Bergwijn and Gedson Fernandes to his ranks in January but is expected to go further once the transfer window opens following the conclusion of the current season.
Marcel Sabitzer, Geoffrey Kondogbia and Eder Militao are among the names being considered by Mourinho as he continues to plan for next season.