St John's triumph in penalty shoot-out
Norwich St John's 1, King's Lynn A 1 (aet, St John's won 4-3 on pens): Norwich St John's lifted the Norfolk Junior Cup at Carrow Road last night after thrilling game which ended in a penalty shoot-out.
Norwich St John's 1, King's Lynn A 1
(aet, St John's won 4-3 on pens)
Norwich St John's lifted the Norfolk Junior Cup at Carrow Road last night after thrilling game which ended in a penalty shoot-out.
Lee Edwards was the hero for the winners, saving a spot-kick as they recorded a 4-3 success after a 1-1 finish after extra time.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams had chances to win it in normal time but neither could find the finishing touch in the final third.
As the legs began to tire man of the match Graham Carr put St Johns ahead one minute into the second period of extra-time when he latched on to a through ball and tucked it away under the impressive Ally McAnally in the King's Lynn goal.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
It looked as if St Johns were on their way to seeing out extra-time when King's Lynn's Darryl Rose put in a cross from the right and substitute Glen Drawbridge slotted in from close range with almost the last kick of the game.
There then followed the penalties and heroics from Edwards as St John's edged home.
Kings Lynn: A McAnally, E Patterson, J Manning, M Edgley, L Hyde, M Parkinson, D Rose, T McCarthy, J Penty, R Carrick, L Somerton. Subs: A Fountain, A Glendinning, G Drawbridge, G Livotti, S Berwick.
Norwich St Johns: L Edwards, L McClure, G Bland, M Racher, M Owen, D Cushing, A Kay, L Tuttle, G Carr, T Bussens, L Blofeld. Subs: T Barrett, S Lemmon, J Harman, C Fewtrell, L Brock.