St John's triumph in penalty shoot-out
Norwich St John's 1, King's Lynn A 1 (aet, St John's won 4-3 on pens): Norwich St John's lifted the Norfolk Junior Cup at Carrow Road last night after thrilling game which ended in a penalty shoot-out.
Norwich St John's 1, King's Lynn A 1
(aet, St John's won 4-3 on pens)
Norwich St John's lifted the Norfolk Junior Cup at Carrow Road last night after thrilling game which ended in a penalty shoot-out.
Lee Edwards was the hero for the winners, saving a spot-kick as they recorded a 4-3 success after a 1-1 finish after extra time.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams had chances to win it in normal time but neither could find the finishing touch in the final third.
As the legs began to tire man of the match Graham Carr put St Johns ahead one minute into the second period of extra-time when he latched on to a through ball and tucked it away under the impressive Ally McAnally in the King's Lynn goal.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich
- 4 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 5 City keeper issues injury update
- 6 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 10 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
It looked as if St Johns were on their way to seeing out extra-time when King's Lynn's Darryl Rose put in a cross from the right and substitute Glen Drawbridge slotted in from close range with almost the last kick of the game.
There then followed the penalties and heroics from Edwards as St John's edged home.
Kings Lynn: A McAnally, E Patterson, J Manning, M Edgley, L Hyde, M Parkinson, D Rose, T McCarthy, J Penty, R Carrick, L Somerton. Subs: A Fountain, A Glendinning, G Drawbridge, G Livotti, S Berwick.
Norwich St Johns: L Edwards, L McClure, G Bland, M Racher, M Owen, D Cushing, A Kay, L Tuttle, G Carr, T Bussens, L Blofeld. Subs: T Barrett, S Lemmon, J Harman, C Fewtrell, L Brock.