St John's triumph in penalty shoot-out
Norwich St John's 1, King's Lynn A 1 (aet, St John's won 4-3 on pens): Norwich St John's lifted the Norfolk Junior Cup at Carrow Road last night after thrilling game which ended in a penalty shoot-out.
Norwich St John's 1, King's Lynn A 1
(aet, St John's won 4-3 on pens)
Norwich St John's lifted the Norfolk Junior Cup at Carrow Road last night after thrilling game which ended in a penalty shoot-out.
Lee Edwards was the hero for the winners, saving a spot-kick as they recorded a 4-3 success after a 1-1 finish after extra time.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams had chances to win it in normal time but neither could find the finishing touch in the final third.
As the legs began to tire man of the match Graham Carr put St Johns ahead one minute into the second period of extra-time when he latched on to a through ball and tucked it away under the impressive Ally McAnally in the King's Lynn goal.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
It looked as if St Johns were on their way to seeing out extra-time when King's Lynn's Darryl Rose put in a cross from the right and substitute Glen Drawbridge slotted in from close range with almost the last kick of the game.
There then followed the penalties and heroics from Edwards as St John's edged home.
Kings Lynn: A McAnally, E Patterson, J Manning, M Edgley, L Hyde, M Parkinson, D Rose, T McCarthy, J Penty, R Carrick, L Somerton. Subs: A Fountain, A Glendinning, G Drawbridge, G Livotti, S Berwick.
Norwich St Johns: L Edwards, L McClure, G Bland, M Racher, M Owen, D Cushing, A Kay, L Tuttle, G Carr, T Bussens, L Blofeld. Subs: T Barrett, S Lemmon, J Harman, C Fewtrell, L Brock.