Stanborough hat-trick seals first Bungay win
Taverham Ladies 0, Bungay Town Ladies 4
Finally, after weeks of agonising defeats, Bungay came away with their first three points in the Eastern Regions League and it was nothing more than the girls deserved.
Despite being without three regulars due to injury and illness Bungay started the game well and the re shuffle didn’t seem to affect them in the slightest.
Early chances were created and it looked like Bungay were slipping into old habits from previous weeks but the Bungay forwards and midfield had other ideas.
Gaps were quickly opening in the Taverham defence and a few controversial offsides meant that a Kim Roberts goal was disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
Leo Daulby hit a post and crossbar from a number of dangerous corners and was unlucky not to put Bungay ahead.
Patience finally played off and a fine half of football from Michelle Stanborough meant she was able to claim her first Eastern Region League hat-trick, a superb effort and performance.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
The second half couldnt have started any better when Leo Daulby found space in the middle of the park to take her time and successfully lob the Taverham keeper.
Bungay continued to go through the motions in the second half and tirless work from Emily Robbins and Imo Williams in midfield meant Taverham chances were limited all game.
Player of the match:Imo Williams.