Stanborough hat-trick seals first Bungay win
Taverham Ladies 0, Bungay Town Ladies 4
Finally, after weeks of agonising defeats, Bungay came away with their first three points in the Eastern Regions League and it was nothing more than the girls deserved.
Despite being without three regulars due to injury and illness Bungay started the game well and the re shuffle didn’t seem to affect them in the slightest.
Early chances were created and it looked like Bungay were slipping into old habits from previous weeks but the Bungay forwards and midfield had other ideas.
Gaps were quickly opening in the Taverham defence and a few controversial offsides meant that a Kim Roberts goal was disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
Leo Daulby hit a post and crossbar from a number of dangerous corners and was unlucky not to put Bungay ahead.
Patience finally played off and a fine half of football from Michelle Stanborough meant she was able to claim her first Eastern Region League hat-trick, a superb effort and performance.
- 1 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 2 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 4 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 5 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 6 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 7 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
The second half couldnt have started any better when Leo Daulby found space in the middle of the park to take her time and successfully lob the Taverham keeper.
Bungay continued to go through the motions in the second half and tirless work from Emily Robbins and Imo Williams in midfield meant Taverham chances were limited all game.
Player of the match:Imo Williams.