STARTING XIs: Fahrmann starts and Aarons returns for Canaries at Palace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have made three changes to their starting XI for this afternoon’s Premier League match at Crystal Palace, with Max Aarons making a rapid recovery from an ankle injury to return.
Aarons was injured during England U21 duty earlier this month and has missed City's last two games but comes straight back into Daniel Farke's team at right-back in place of Sam Byram, who drops to the bench.
Schalke loanee Ralf Fahrmann makes his first league start in goal for the Canaries, with Tim Krul missing out with a back problem, and Moritz Leitner starts in place of Alex Tettey, who has a groin issue which forced him off in just the 13th minute of last weekend's 2-0 loss at Burnley.
Ben Godfrey will wear the captain's armband for the Canaries, as he makes his 50th appearance for the club.
Norwich are 16th after claiming six points from their opening six games, thanks to home wins over Newcastle and Manchester City, losing all three of their away games so far.
MATCH PREVIEW: Farke is sticking to his guns
You may also want to watch:
The hosts make just one change, with former Liverpool centre-back Mamadou Sakho missing out with a strain having recently returned from a serious knee injury, with Martin Kelly replacing him and James Tomkins returning to the bench.
Palace are 12th with eight points, having been denied victory by a late equaliser as they drew 1-1 with Wolves at Selhurst Park on Sunday, due to a misjudged header from right-back Joel Ward.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
NORWICH: Fahrmann; Aarons, Amadou, Godfrey (C), Lewis; Leitner, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Byram, Hanley, Roberts, Drmic, Srbeny, Idah
PALACE: Guaita; Ward, Kelly, Cahill, van Aanholt; Zaha, McArthur, Milivojevic (C), Kouyate, Schlupp; Ayew. Subs: Hennessey (GK), Dann, Tomkins, Meyer, Townsend, McCarthy, Benteke
REFEREE: Jonathan Moss (West Yorks)
VAR: Peter Bankes (Merseyside)
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and post-match reaction from Selhurst Park in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live