STARTING XIs: Fahrmann starts and Aarons returns for Canaries at Palace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have made three changes to their starting XI for this afternoon’s Premier League match at Crystal Palace, with Max Aarons making a rapid recovery from an ankle injury to return.
Aarons was injured during England U21 duty earlier this month and has missed City's last two games but comes straight back into Daniel Farke's team at right-back in place of Sam Byram, who drops to the bench.
Schalke loanee Ralf Fahrmann makes his first league start in goal for the Canaries, with Tim Krul missing out with a back problem, and Moritz Leitner starts in place of Alex Tettey, who has a groin issue which forced him off in just the 13th minute of last weekend's 2-0 loss at Burnley.
Ben Godfrey will wear the captain's armband for the Canaries, as he makes his 50th appearance for the club.
Norwich are 16th after claiming six points from their opening six games, thanks to home wins over Newcastle and Manchester City, losing all three of their away games so far.
MATCH PREVIEW: Farke is sticking to his guns
You may also want to watch:
The hosts make just one change, with former Liverpool centre-back Mamadou Sakho missing out with a strain having recently returned from a serious knee injury, with Martin Kelly replacing him and James Tomkins returning to the bench.
Palace are 12th with eight points, having been denied victory by a late equaliser as they drew 1-1 with Wolves at Selhurst Park on Sunday, due to a misjudged header from right-back Joel Ward.
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 6 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 7 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 8 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 9 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return
NORWICH: Fahrmann; Aarons, Amadou, Godfrey (C), Lewis; Leitner, McLean; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Byram, Hanley, Roberts, Drmic, Srbeny, Idah
PALACE: Guaita; Ward, Kelly, Cahill, van Aanholt; Zaha, McArthur, Milivojevic (C), Kouyate, Schlupp; Ayew. Subs: Hennessey (GK), Dann, Tomkins, Meyer, Townsend, McCarthy, Benteke
REFEREE: Jonathan Moss (West Yorks)
VAR: Peter Bankes (Merseyside)
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and post-match reaction from Selhurst Park in our Matchday Live blog at pinkun.com/live