STARTING XIs: Buendia on the bench as City revert to team which lost at Spurs against Newcastle
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia’s two-game injury absence comes to an end for Norwich City this afternoon but the playmaker starts on the bench at Newcastle.
The Argentine attacker missed the 2-1 loss at Tottenham in the league and the 2-1 win at Burnley in the FA Cup with a thigh injury, having been nominated for the Premier League Player of the Month award for December due to his fine form.
He is back on the bench in place of Marco Stiepermann, as is Mario Vrancic following the end of Ibrahim Amadou's loan.
Otherwise it's the starting XI from that narrow loss at Spurs, with Lukas Rupp continuing on the right alongside fellow new signing Ondrej Duda in attacking midfield.
Newcastle make three changes to their team that drew 2-2 at Everton in the league prior to a disappointing 0-0 home draw wtih League One side Oxford in the FA Cup fourth round last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
DeAndre Yedlin returns at right-back and Isaac Hayden moves into midfield, with the Longstaff brothers dropping out and new signing Nabil Bentaleb and speedy star Allan Saint-Maximin starting.
Two more recent signings are also on the bench in the shape of Spurs loanee Danny Rose and Inter Milan loanee Valentino Lazaro.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
NEWCASTLE (5-4-1): Dubravka; Yedlin, Fernandez, Lascelles (C), Clark, Ritchie; Hayden, Bentaleb, Almiron, Saint-Maximin; Joelinton. Subs: Darlow (GK), Schar, Lejeune, Lazaro, Rose, Atsu, S Longstaff
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C), Byram; Tettey, McLean; Rupp; Duda, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Lewis, Vrancic, Trybull, Buendia, Hernandez, Drmic
REFEREE: Martin Atkinson
VAR: Peter Bankes
- And don't forget to download the Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis as our reporters follow the Canaries around the country