STARTING XIs: Five debutants as Canaries make 11 changes for League Cup clash at Crawley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Five players make their Norwich City debuts this evening, in the second round at Crawley Town, with centre-backs Christoph Zimmermann and Timm Klose among 11 changes to Daniel Farke’s starting XI.
Manchester City loanee Patrick Roberts and summer signings Ralf Fahrmann and Ibrahim Amadou are both in the starting XI at Broadfield Stadium, with January arrival Philip Heise also starting.
Republic of Ireland U21 striker Adam Idah also makes his first senior appearance for the Canaries, against the League Two hosts.
Fit-again defenders Zimmermann and Klose start, with another recent arrival, right-back Sam Byram, making his first start.
Crawley make three changes to their starting XI from a 3-2 league win at Leyton Orient on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
NORWICH: Fahrmann; Byram, Zimmermann, Klose (C), Heise; Amadou, McLean; Roberts, Srbeny, Vrancic; Idah. Subs: Krul (GK), Aarons, Godfrey, Leitner, Lewis, Buendia, Stiepermann
CRAWLEY: Luyambula; Doherty, Dallison, Tunnicliffe, Sesay; Grego-Cox, Ferguson, Bulman; Camara, Palmer, Lubula. Subs: Morris (GK), Morais, Francomb, Nathaniel-George, Nadesan, Young, Gallach
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed