STARTING XIs: Five debutants as Canaries make 11 changes for League Cup clash at Crawley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Five players make their Norwich City debuts this evening, in the second round at Crawley Town, with centre-backs Christoph Zimmermann and Timm Klose among 11 changes to Daniel Farke’s starting XI.
Manchester City loanee Patrick Roberts and summer signings Ralf Fahrmann and Ibrahim Amadou are both in the starting XI at Broadfield Stadium, with January arrival Philip Heise also starting.
Republic of Ireland U21 striker Adam Idah also makes his first senior appearance for the Canaries, against the League Two hosts.
Fit-again defenders Zimmermann and Klose start, with another recent arrival, right-back Sam Byram, making his first start.
Crawley make three changes to their starting XI from a 3-2 league win at Leyton Orient on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
NORWICH: Fahrmann; Byram, Zimmermann, Klose (C), Heise; Amadou, McLean; Roberts, Srbeny, Vrancic; Idah. Subs: Krul (GK), Aarons, Godfrey, Leitner, Lewis, Buendia, Stiepermann
CRAWLEY: Luyambula; Doherty, Dallison, Tunnicliffe, Sesay; Grego-Cox, Ferguson, Bulman; Camara, Palmer, Lubula. Subs: Morris (GK), Morais, Francomb, Nathaniel-George, Nadesan, Young, Gallach
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 8 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 9 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 10 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'