STARTING XIs: Pukki returns and Duda starts as City make three changes for Bournemouth battle
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
New signing Ondrej Duda goes straight into the Norwich City starting XI, as part of three changes for this afternoon’s crunch clash with Bournemouth.
Top scorer Teemu Pukki returns up front after a two-game absence, with youngster Adam Idah missing out totally due to the return of Josip Drmic to the bench.
Hertha Berlin loanee Duda starts in attacking midfield with Kenny McLean dropping deeper in Mario Vrancic's midfield absence.
Fit-again defender Ben Godfrey also comes back in after a month out with a knee injury, with skipper Grant Hanley dropping to the bench and Alex Tettey wearing the armband.
There's also no Mo Leitner or Marco Stiepermann in the squad, with new signing Lukas Rupp among the substitutes.
Opposition view: Howe deserves chance to turn things around at Bournemouth
You may also want to watch:
Bournemouth make three changes as they try to end an awful run of nine defeats in 11 games which has seen them plummet down the Premier League standings.
Eddie Howe switches to a 4-5-1 shape, with striker Dominic Solanke dropping to the bench, defensive midfielder Philip Billing starting and England U21 keeper Aaron Ramsdale returning in goal.
- 1 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 2 City midfielder returns to Norfolk after loan spell terminated
- 3 Bushiri completes Eupen loan
- 4 Placheta must kick on at City
- 5 Giannoulis in contention for Boro clash - as City secure work permit
- 6 Giannoulis deal proof City can navigate difficult transfer market
- 7 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 8 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 9 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 10 'That's my dream' - Giannoulis hopes his style will boost City's promotion hopes
Diego Rico also returns at left-back, allowing Holland international Nathan Ake to return to central defence in place of Simon Francis.
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Byram; Tettey (C), McLean; Buendia, Duda, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Lewis, Hanley, Trybull, Rupp, Hernandez, Drmic
BOURNEMOUTH: Ramsdale; Smith, Cook (C), Ake, Rico; Harry Wilson, Gosling, Lerma, Billing, Fraser, Wilson. Subs: Boruc (GK), Francis, Simpson, Surman, Cook, Solanke, Surridge
REFEREE: Paul Tierney (Lancashire)
VAR: Jonathan Moss (Yorkshire)
- Click here to follow all the action from Carrow Road in our Matchday Live blog
- And don't forget to download the free Pink Un app for exclusive insight and analysis as our correspondents follow the Canaries around the country