STARTING XIs: Buendia returns and Zimmermann on the bench for City against Burnley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia returns to the starting XI for Norwich City against Burnley today, with Christoph Zimmermann returning to the bench after injury and youngster Akin Famewo also on the bench.
Buendia replaces Lukas Rupp in the starting XI and Zimmermann replaces Tom Trybull among the substitutes, after back and hamstring problems since February.
Young centre-back Famewo is also a surprise name on the bench, as he had been on loan at St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership when the season was suspended in March, after City were given permission by the Premier League to include him in their squad.
City have already been relegated and sit 13 points from safety with two games remaining, after a shocking club record losing streak of eight league games, with their fate sealed by last weekend’s 4-0 home defeat to West Ham.
The Canaries remain without centre-back Grant Hanley, full-back Sam Byram (both hamstring) and midfielder Moritz Leitner (hernia) through injury.
You may also want to watch:
Burnley make just one enforced change, with Charlie Taylor injured and Erik Pieters moving to left-back, wth Johann Gudmundsson coming into midfield.
The visitors are 10th and look certain to finish in the top 10 after a 1-1 home draw with Wolves on Wednesday, leaving them with just one defeat in the last four matches.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
That’s despite a host of injury issues, with left-back Taylor joining a lengthy list with a hamstring injury in midweek. He joins defenders Ben Mee and Matt Lowton, midfielder Jack Cork and forward Ashley Barnes in the treatment room.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), McLean; Buendia, Cantwell, Hernandez; Drmic. Subs: McGovern (GK), Famewo, Zimmermann, Rupp, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Martin, Pukki, Idah
BURNLEY (4-4-2): Pope, Bardsley, Long, Tarkowiski (C), Pieters; Gudmundsson, Westwood, Brownhill, McNeil; Wood, Rodriguez. Subs: Peacock-Farrell (GK), Bradty, Vydra, Thompson, Dunne, Benson, Goodridge, Driscoll-Glennon, Mumbongo
REFEREE: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)
VAR: Lee Mason (Lancashire)