STARTING XIs: Buendia returns and Zimmermann on the bench for City against Burnley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia returns to the starting XI for Norwich City against Burnley today, with Christoph Zimmermann returning to the bench after injury and youngster Akin Famewo also on the bench.
Buendia replaces Lukas Rupp in the starting XI and Zimmermann replaces Tom Trybull among the substitutes, after back and hamstring problems since February.
Young centre-back Famewo is also a surprise name on the bench, as he had been on loan at St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership when the season was suspended in March, after City were given permission by the Premier League to include him in their squad.
City have already been relegated and sit 13 points from safety with two games remaining, after a shocking club record losing streak of eight league games, with their fate sealed by last weekend’s 4-0 home defeat to West Ham.
The Canaries remain without centre-back Grant Hanley, full-back Sam Byram (both hamstring) and midfielder Moritz Leitner (hernia) through injury.
You may also want to watch:
Burnley make just one enforced change, with Charlie Taylor injured and Erik Pieters moving to left-back, wth Johann Gudmundsson coming into midfield.
The visitors are 10th and look certain to finish in the top 10 after a 1-1 home draw with Wolves on Wednesday, leaving them with just one defeat in the last four matches.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul
That’s despite a host of injury issues, with left-back Taylor joining a lengthy list with a hamstring injury in midweek. He joins defenders Ben Mee and Matt Lowton, midfielder Jack Cork and forward Ashley Barnes in the treatment room.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), McLean; Buendia, Cantwell, Hernandez; Drmic. Subs: McGovern (GK), Famewo, Zimmermann, Rupp, Vrancic, Stiepermann, Martin, Pukki, Idah
BURNLEY (4-4-2): Pope, Bardsley, Long, Tarkowiski (C), Pieters; Gudmundsson, Westwood, Brownhill, McNeil; Wood, Rodriguez. Subs: Peacock-Farrell (GK), Bradty, Vydra, Thompson, Dunne, Benson, Goodridge, Driscoll-Glennon, Mumbongo
REFEREE: Kevin Friend (Leicestershire)
VAR: Lee Mason (Lancashire)