STARTING XIs: Martial starts for United and Godfrey fit for City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Manchester United have made just one change to their starting XI for this afternoon’s Premier League clash at Norwich City, with Anthony Martial starting at Carrow Road.
The Canaries name an unchanged squad of 18, with defender Ben Godfrey fit to start, as expected, despite limping off last weekend due to pain caused by recent hernia surgery.
That was during an encouraging 0-0 draw at Bournemouth last Saturday, which brought an end to a run of three successive defeats and earned a first clean sheet of the season.
Opposition fan view: It's tough for United, but don't put all the blame on Ole
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side make just one change to their league starting XI, switching to a 4-2-3-1 formation and bringing in France forward Anthony Martial, dropping the previous 3-5-2 shape.
They are without a win in their last four league games but became the first team to prevent leaders Liverpool from winning this season when they ground out a 1-1 draw against their bitter rivals at Old Trafford last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
That was followed by a 1-0 win in Serbia on Thursday night, when an Martial penalty proved the difference in a 1-0 win over Partizan Belgrade in the Europa League group stages.
CITY: Krul; Aarons, Amadou, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey, McLean; Buendia, Leitner, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Byram, Trybull, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Srbeny, Drmic
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
MAN UTD: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Young; McTominay, Fred; James, Pereira, Rashford; Martial. Subs: Romero (GK), Rojo, Williams, Mata, Garner, Lingard, Greenwood
REFEREE: Stuart Attwell (Warwickshire)
VAR: David Coote (Notts)