STARTING XIs: Martial starts for United and Godfrey fit for City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Manchester United have made just one change to their starting XI for this afternoon’s Premier League clash at Norwich City, with Anthony Martial starting at Carrow Road.
The Canaries name an unchanged squad of 18, with defender Ben Godfrey fit to start, as expected, despite limping off last weekend due to pain caused by recent hernia surgery.
That was during an encouraging 0-0 draw at Bournemouth last Saturday, which brought an end to a run of three successive defeats and earned a first clean sheet of the season.
Opposition fan view: It's tough for United, but don't put all the blame on Ole
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side make just one change to their league starting XI, switching to a 4-2-3-1 formation and bringing in France forward Anthony Martial, dropping the previous 3-5-2 shape.
They are without a win in their last four league games but became the first team to prevent leaders Liverpool from winning this season when they ground out a 1-1 draw against their bitter rivals at Old Trafford last Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
That was followed by a 1-0 win in Serbia on Thursday night, when an Martial penalty proved the difference in a 1-0 win over Partizan Belgrade in the Europa League group stages.
CITY: Krul; Aarons, Amadou, Godfrey, Lewis; Tettey, McLean; Buendia, Leitner, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Byram, Trybull, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Srbeny, Drmic
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 City hold talks with Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia
MAN UTD: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Young; McTominay, Fred; James, Pereira, Rashford; Martial. Subs: Romero (GK), Rojo, Williams, Mata, Garner, Lingard, Greenwood
REFEREE: Stuart Attwell (Warwickshire)
VAR: David Coote (Notts)