STARTING XIs: Stiepermann and Vrancic return as City make changes at Watford
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Marco Stiepermann makes his first Premier League start since December as Daniel Farke makes three changes to his Norwich City starting XI for this evening’s game at Watford.
Todd Cantwell drops out of the squad due to a hamstring problem, after the England U21 midfielder featured as a substitute during Saturday’s 1-0 home loss to Brighton, a fifth consecutive loss.
Teemu Pukki and Mario Vrancic are also back in the starting line-up, with Ondrej Duda, Josip Drmic and Kenny McLean dropping to the bench, with McLean having an ankle issue.
Alex Tettey has overcome a knee concern to remain in the starting line-up for the 6pm kick-off though, with youngsters Jordan Thomas, Josh Martin and Adam Idah all among the substitutes.
The Canaries remain without defenders Christoph Zimmermann (back), Grant Hanley and Sam Byram (both hamstring), as well as midfielder Mo Leitner (groin).
You may also want to watch:
They are seven points adrift and know that defeat tonight would mean they will be relegated on Saturday if they are beaten by West Ham at Carrow Road - while failing to score would equal a club record of six league games without scoring, set in 2007.
Stiepermann starts his first Premier League game since the 2-2 home draw with Tottenham in December and Vrancic for the first time since a 4-0 loss at Manchester United in January.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 5 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 6 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 9 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
The hosts are just a point above the relegation zone after three consecutive defeats, losing 3-0 at Chelsea on Saturday, leaving them equally desperate for the win.
They make two changes, with former Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck and defender Adam Masina coming in for Adrian Mariappa and Nathaniel Chalobah.
NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul: Aarons, Godfrey, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), Vrancic; Buendia, Stiepermann, Hernandez; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Thomas, Rupp, Trybull, McLean, Duda, Martin, Drmic, Idah
WATFORD (4-2-3-1): Foster; Femenia, Kabasele, Dawson, Masina; Capoue, Hughes; Sarr, Doucoure, Welbeck; Deeney (C). Subs: Gomes (GK), Mariappa, Cleverley, Chalobah, Cathcart, Pedro, Gray, Pussetto, Pereyra
REFEREE: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)
VAR: Martin Atkinson (West Yorkshire)
Tuesday: Palace v Chelsea (6pm), Arsenal v Leicester (8.15pm)
Wednesday: Man City v Newcastle, Sheff Utd v Wolves, West Ham v Burnley (all 6pm), Brighton v Liverpool (8.15pm)
Thursday: Bournemouth v Tottenham, Everton v Southampton (both 6pm), Villa v Man Utd (8.15pm)