STARTING XIs: Zimmermann returns for Canaries against West Ham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Christoph Zimmermann makes his Premier League debut for Norwich City at West Ham this afternoon, following midweek injuries to Timm Klose and Grant Hanley.
The popular defender missed all of pre-season due to minor knee surgery but is fit and gets the nod to start alongside Ben Godfrey in central defence at the London Stadium.
The Canaries have been forced into a change after Klose limped off with a serious knee injury during Tuesday's 1-0 loss away to League Two side Crawley Town in the League Cup in midweek, with skipper Hanley then picking up a groin injury in training as well - with Zimmermann playing 55 minutes at Crawley.
Swiss striker Josip Drmic returns to the bench in place of Dennis Srbeny after a hamstring injury and Ibrahim Amadou features on the bench in the league for the first time after 90 minutes at Crawley.
BIG MATCH PREVIEW: Top class Teemu set for a special City landmark
The hosts are unchanged but bring former Canaries winger Robert Snodgrass on to the bench in place of the injured Michail Antonio.
You may also want to watch:
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Trybull, Leitner; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Byram, Amadou, Vrancic, McLean, Tettey, Drmic
WEST HAM: Fabianski; Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Masuaku; Rice, Noble (C); Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Anderson; Haller. Subs: Roberto (GK), Balbuena, Zabaleta, Sanchez, Fornals, Snodgrass, Ajeti
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 5 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 9 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
REFEREE: Paul Tierney
VAR: Andre Marriner