STARTING XIs: Zimmermann returns for Canaries against West Ham
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Christoph Zimmermann makes his Premier League debut for Norwich City at West Ham this afternoon, following midweek injuries to Timm Klose and Grant Hanley.
The popular defender missed all of pre-season due to minor knee surgery but is fit and gets the nod to start alongside Ben Godfrey in central defence at the London Stadium.
The Canaries have been forced into a change after Klose limped off with a serious knee injury during Tuesday's 1-0 loss away to League Two side Crawley Town in the League Cup in midweek, with skipper Hanley then picking up a groin injury in training as well - with Zimmermann playing 55 minutes at Crawley.
Swiss striker Josip Drmic returns to the bench in place of Dennis Srbeny after a hamstring injury and Ibrahim Amadou features on the bench in the league for the first time after 90 minutes at Crawley.
BIG MATCH PREVIEW: Top class Teemu set for a special City landmark
The hosts are unchanged but bring former Canaries winger Robert Snodgrass on to the bench in place of the injured Michail Antonio.
You may also want to watch:
NORWICH: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann (C), Godfrey, Lewis; Trybull, Leitner; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Byram, Amadou, Vrancic, McLean, Tettey, Drmic
WEST HAM: Fabianski; Fredericks, Diop, Ogbonna, Masuaku; Rice, Noble (C); Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Anderson; Haller. Subs: Roberto (GK), Balbuena, Zabaleta, Sanchez, Fornals, Snodgrass, Ajeti
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
REFEREE: Paul Tierney
VAR: Andre Marriner