Stephen Hughes stalling on Norwich City offer
Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes is reported to be stalling on an offer to join Norwich City. Reports in Scotland say the Canaries offered the 26-year-old a three-year deal.
Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes is reported to be stalling on an offer to join Norwich City.
Reports in Scotland say the Canaries offered the 26-year-old a three-year deal.
But after talks with manager Bryan Gunn, the out-of-contract Hughes declined to sign.
His agent, Tom Callaghan, told the Daily Record: “Stephen just wants a little more time to think it over.
You may also want to watch:
“I wouldn't say it is totally dead in the water but we know there could be interest from Championship clubs. Obviously there will be movement at other sides with players leaving.
“That could open the door but Stephen won't be rushed.”
- 1 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Leverkusen are main rival for Celtic star
- 3 City target Chelsea’s Scotland star Billy Gilmour
- 4 City not pursuing Holland winger linked as summer target
- 5 Promotion winning former City defender retires
- 6 No regrets just life lessons for City old boy
- 7 Q&A: Assessing City's Premier League prospects with Dave and Connor
- 8 NCFC survey: Let us know your transfer views and top targets
- 9 City can cut it in the Premier League for Morris
- 10 A quiet night for Pukki as Finland fail to finish in the top two of Euro2020 group
Hearts are also interested in the former Rangers, Leicester and Scotland Under-21 player, while former Motherwell boss Mark McGhee is keen to take him to Aberdeen.