Stephen Hughes stalling on Norwich City offer
Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes is reported to be stalling on an offer to join Norwich City. Reports in Scotland say the Canaries offered the 26-year-old a three-year deal.
Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes is reported to be stalling on an offer to join Norwich City.
Reports in Scotland say the Canaries offered the 26-year-old a three-year deal.
But after talks with manager Bryan Gunn, the out-of-contract Hughes declined to sign.
His agent, Tom Callaghan, told the Daily Record: “Stephen just wants a little more time to think it over.
You may also want to watch:
“I wouldn't say it is totally dead in the water but we know there could be interest from Championship clubs. Obviously there will be movement at other sides with players leaving.
“That could open the door but Stephen won't be rushed.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 6 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 7 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
Hearts are also interested in the former Rangers, Leicester and Scotland Under-21 player, while former Motherwell boss Mark McGhee is keen to take him to Aberdeen.