Stephen Hughes stalling on Norwich City offer
Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes is reported to be stalling on an offer to join Norwich City. Reports in Scotland say the Canaries offered the 26-year-old a three-year deal.
Motherwell midfielder Stephen Hughes is reported to be stalling on an offer to join Norwich City.
Reports in Scotland say the Canaries offered the 26-year-old a three-year deal.
But after talks with manager Bryan Gunn, the out-of-contract Hughes declined to sign.
His agent, Tom Callaghan, told the Daily Record: “Stephen just wants a little more time to think it over.
You may also want to watch:
“I wouldn't say it is totally dead in the water but we know there could be interest from Championship clubs. Obviously there will be movement at other sides with players leaving.
“That could open the door but Stephen won't be rushed.”
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 7 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 8 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 9 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
Hearts are also interested in the former Rangers, Leicester and Scotland Under-21 player, while former Motherwell boss Mark McGhee is keen to take him to Aberdeen.