Sterling fightback by Bloaters
Yarmouth 1, CRC 1A sterling second-half comeback for the second week running earned the Bloaters a point in this clash with the unbeaten Premier Division leaders.
Yarmouth 1, CRC 1
A sterling second-half comeback for the second week running earned the Bloaters a point in this clash with the unbeaten Premier Division leaders.
CRC dominated the first 45 and home 'keeper Michael Hilton had to be at his smartest to keep out the hitherto free scoring youngsters.
It was therefore a tragedy for the Bloaters stopper that he should concede the penalty from which CRC took the lead in the 26th minute when he brought down Liam Hughes on the edge of the Yarmouth area.
Luke Berry easily scored from the spot, and below-par Yarmouth could not muster a single shot on target in the half.
The half-time talk from Paul Tong must have been inspirational as the Bloaters came out all guns blazing for the second half and leading marksman Jake Reed, who had a quiet first period, came alive.
- 1 PRESSER: Norwich City v Huddersfield - Sorensen suffers break; Pukki x-ray
- 2 Smith takeaways: City chief on market moves, Mumba recall and hangover talk
- 3 WATCH: City summer departure scores rocket for new club
- 4 David Hannant: I think we have a new Carrow Road cult hero
- 5 Smith braced for a late transfer window twist
- 6 Byram key to City's left back injury curse
- 7 Norwich grab the headlines on Premier League opening day - 30 years ago
- 8 Springett returns in City under-21s' draw with Leeds
- 9 'A kind, happy soul' - Former City stars lead tributes to former club photographer
- 10 'Should be winning these games' - City fans react to Hull loss
Yarmouth eventually equalised after 67 minutes when Craig Roberts headed home from a pin-point Olly Savage cross. Hilton still had to be alert to a couple of good chances which saw him make excellent catches but Yarmouth looked the more likely to score again and could have won all the points but for two great saves from ex-Coventry City 'keeper Martin Davies in the CRC goal.