Sterling fightback by Bloaters
Yarmouth 1, CRC 1A sterling second-half comeback for the second week running earned the Bloaters a point in this clash with the unbeaten Premier Division leaders.
Yarmouth 1, CRC 1
A sterling second-half comeback for the second week running earned the Bloaters a point in this clash with the unbeaten Premier Division leaders.
CRC dominated the first 45 and home 'keeper Michael Hilton had to be at his smartest to keep out the hitherto free scoring youngsters.
It was therefore a tragedy for the Bloaters stopper that he should concede the penalty from which CRC took the lead in the 26th minute when he brought down Liam Hughes on the edge of the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Berry easily scored from the spot, and below-par Yarmouth could not muster a single shot on target in the half.
The half-time talk from Paul Tong must have been inspirational as the Bloaters came out all guns blazing for the second half and leading marksman Jake Reed, who had a quiet first period, came alive.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
Yarmouth eventually equalised after 67 minutes when Craig Roberts headed home from a pin-point Olly Savage cross. Hilton still had to be alert to a couple of good chances which saw him make excellent catches but Yarmouth looked the more likely to score again and could have won all the points but for two great saves from ex-Coventry City 'keeper Martin Davies in the CRC goal.