Sterling fightback by Bloaters
Yarmouth 1, CRC 1A sterling second-half comeback for the second week running earned the Bloaters a point in this clash with the unbeaten Premier Division leaders.
Yarmouth 1, CRC 1
A sterling second-half comeback for the second week running earned the Bloaters a point in this clash with the unbeaten Premier Division leaders.
CRC dominated the first 45 and home 'keeper Michael Hilton had to be at his smartest to keep out the hitherto free scoring youngsters.
It was therefore a tragedy for the Bloaters stopper that he should concede the penalty from which CRC took the lead in the 26th minute when he brought down Liam Hughes on the edge of the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Berry easily scored from the spot, and below-par Yarmouth could not muster a single shot on target in the half.
The half-time talk from Paul Tong must have been inspirational as the Bloaters came out all guns blazing for the second half and leading marksman Jake Reed, who had a quiet first period, came alive.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
Yarmouth eventually equalised after 67 minutes when Craig Roberts headed home from a pin-point Olly Savage cross. Hilton still had to be alert to a couple of good chances which saw him make excellent catches but Yarmouth looked the more likely to score again and could have won all the points but for two great saves from ex-Coventry City 'keeper Martin Davies in the CRC goal.