Strikers find early touch
Anglian Combination: There were some high scores in Saturday's cup competitions, Norwich St Johns hammering CNSOBU 11-1 in round one of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy. Another trophy game saw Harleston Town beat Fakenham Reserves 6-1.
There were some high scores in Saturday's cup competitions, Norwich St Johns hammering CNSOBU 11-1 in round one of the Cyril Ballyn Trophy.
Another trophy game saw Harleston Town beat Fakenham Reserves 6-1.
In the first round of the Mummery Cup, Sheringham won 7-2 at Brandon Town while Gayton United hit visitors Mattishall 6-2 and Holt United hit six without reply at Sole Bay.
Stalham Town won at Cromer 4-2 on penalties after neither team could score a goal.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham Reserves suffered a 5-2 reverse at Horsford, Loddon United went to Attleborough and won 4-0 while Blofield, at home to Wells Town, won 4-1.
In league matches, Division Two saw a 4-0 home win for Beccles Caxton over Acle Reserves and a 3-0 home win for Oulton broad & Notleys over Wortwell. Anglian Windows were held 1-1 by visitors West Lynn SSC.
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: City turn attentions to Bournemouth
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 8 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
In Division Three, Beccles Town Reseerves beat vistors Martham 5-1.
In Division Four, Foulsham went one better, beating visitors AFC Norwich Reserves 6-3 with hat-tricks for striker Simon Prior and left-back James Woodhouse.
There was an eight-goal burst by Hoveton Wherrymen at home to Attleborough Reserves, who could find no consolation goal.