Sunday League roundup: Goals galore for Middle Green
It’s now 26 goals in two games for newcomers The Middle Green in Division 3A after they bagged 12 (Jonathan Bailey four, James Hyde two, Sam Bird three, Jake Mardell and two own goals) without reply at Tasburgh United.
GaGa have started well and were 7-3 victors over AFC Westlegate whilst Matt Payne (two) and Craig Cutting scored as Mischief won 3-1 at Reedham FC. Brooke Reserves were another side to hit a dozen as they hammered Westfield FC. Marcus Ashley scored the winner two minutes from time as MC Rovers won 3-2 at Freethorpe after Chris Staff had scored the other two.
Binham Village are setting the early pace in 3B after a 3-0 win over Felthorpe, but despite a Lee Farmer goal putting them ahead, Hickling Barn went down 2-1 at Phoenix FC. Trimingham Pilgrims are enjoying their start to league life, Daniel Tyrrell scoring twice as they beat Hethersett Athletic Reserves 2-0 and Silver Fox scored eight without reply at home to Red Lion.
Sporting Iceni were also amongst the goals as Danny Shafiyan (three) and Aaron Joseph (two) scored in their 5-1 home win over East Tuddenham.
In the under-19s, Hellesdon made it clear they intend to hang on to their title as they began the season with an 8-2 win over North Walsham. Tom Nurse (two) and Cain Living scored for Hethersett Athletic as they won 3-0 at Coltishall Jaguars A. The Thorpe Village against Beccles Caxton game was an entertaining contest.
You may also want to watch:
Ollie Najid (two) and Josh Beckett scored for Thorpe and Bradley Crisp (two) and Adam Goodwin scored for Caxton in an entertaining 3-3 draw. Marlborough FC hit the ground running in the B section as they won 7-2 while Bradley Tucker, Tom Little and Joe Swainson scored as East Coast Warriors beat Swanton Morley 3-0. Hellesdon Youth B were 4-1 (Kieran Norman three, Todd Speakman) winners at Coltishall Jaguars B, and Jack Dearden scored twice as Drayton beat Litcham 2-1. Norman Wanderers Youth were 3-1 winners at home to Reepham Town.
Poringland Wanderers scored seven without reply at home to Mulbarton, and Norwich United scored six in beating Scole United.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 5 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 6 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 City players greeted by special messages from fan groups
- 9 MY TOP FIVE: The crucial moments of City's promotion success
- 10 Connor Southwell: City a shining light in a game awash with greed