Sunderland U23s 1 Norwich City U23s 2 – Ahadme seals first win of the season
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City Under-23s came from behind at Sunderland to earn their first Premier League Two win of the season.
The hosts took the lead in the 16th minute at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, the home of the County Durham FA, but the young Canaries levelled through Louis Lomas in the 42nd minute.
The defender headed home from a Tom Scully corner and Gassan Ahadme went close to claiming the lead before the break.
The Morocco-born striker, signed from Spanish youth football in January, did score in the 78th minute though when he turned in a Scully cross.
That ensured David Wright's squad would bounce back from their 1-0 home loss to Fulham in their opening Division Two fixture. Next up is a trip to Aston Villa on Saturday, for a 2pm kick-off at Villa Park.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Mair; Thomas, Lomas, Famewo (C), Nizet; Hondermarck (Hutchinson 64), Scully, Adshead (Martin 89), Firzpatrick (McAlear 85); Thorvaldsson, Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Jones
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 7 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City
- 8 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 9 Norwich City ace features in trailer for Euro 2020
- 10 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1