Sunderland U23s 1 Norwich City U23s 2 – Ahadme seals first win of the season
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City Under-23s came from behind at Sunderland to earn their first Premier League Two win of the season.
The hosts took the lead in the 16th minute at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, the home of the County Durham FA, but the young Canaries levelled through Louis Lomas in the 42nd minute.
The defender headed home from a Tom Scully corner and Gassan Ahadme went close to claiming the lead before the break.
The Morocco-born striker, signed from Spanish youth football in January, did score in the 78th minute though when he turned in a Scully cross.
That ensured David Wright's squad would bounce back from their 1-0 home loss to Fulham in their opening Division Two fixture. Next up is a trip to Aston Villa on Saturday, for a 2pm kick-off at Villa Park.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Mair; Thomas, Lomas, Famewo (C), Nizet; Hondermarck (Hutchinson 64), Scully, Adshead (Martin 89), Firzpatrick (McAlear 85); Thorvaldsson, Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Jones
- 1 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 2 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 3 Soto's striker instinct is clear - now he needs to prove it at Norwich City
- 4 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 5 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 6 'He's been great for me' - Hanley grateful to Farke for making him a better player
- 7 'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- 8 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
- 9 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers
- 10 'You just want more' - McLean settled at City and focused on top-flight return