Sunderland U23s 1 Norwich City U23s 2 – Ahadme seals first win of the season
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City Under-23s came from behind at Sunderland to earn their first Premier League Two win of the season.
The hosts took the lead in the 16th minute at the Eppleton Colliery Welfare Ground, the home of the County Durham FA, but the young Canaries levelled through Louis Lomas in the 42nd minute.
The defender headed home from a Tom Scully corner and Gassan Ahadme went close to claiming the lead before the break.
The Morocco-born striker, signed from Spanish youth football in January, did score in the 78th minute though when he turned in a Scully cross.
That ensured David Wright's squad would bounce back from their 1-0 home loss to Fulham in their opening Division Two fixture. Next up is a trip to Aston Villa on Saturday, for a 2pm kick-off at Villa Park.
You may also want to watch:
City U23s: Mair; Thomas, Lomas, Famewo (C), Nizet; Hondermarck (Hutchinson 64), Scully, Adshead (Martin 89), Firzpatrick (McAlear 85); Thorvaldsson, Ahadme. Unused subs: Johnson (GK), Jones
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies