‘Just not competitive at the moment’ - City supporters despair after the Canaries 3-1 defeat to Manchester United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have responded with disappointment after their side were beaten 3-1 by a resurgent Manchester United.
The Red Devils picked up their first Premier League win on the road since February, with this victory capping off an impressive week of results for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men.
Their opening goal came courtesy of midfielder Scott McTominay, who swept home the opener after City failed to clear a corner.
VAR formed a massive part of the conversation after it overturned Stuart Attwell's decision on two occasions to award United spot-kicks. Both Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial saw their efforts saved by Tim Krul, who Solskjaer described as a world class penalty stopper in his post-match thoughts.
Despite their penalty misses, both strikers did eventually get themselves on the score sheet as City saw themselves fall 3-0 behind.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez' late strike ensured the Canaries did get a consolation but, ultimately, they were second best in all departments as United impressed from an offensive sense.
This defeat stretches City's winless run to five matches, with important fixtures against Brighton and Watford on the horizon.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 10 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
Read the reaction of the Norwich faithful above and below.