‘Just not competitive at the moment’ - City supporters despair after the Canaries 3-1 defeat to Manchester United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have responded with disappointment after their side were beaten 3-1 by a resurgent Manchester United.
The Red Devils picked up their first Premier League win on the road since February, with this victory capping off an impressive week of results for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men.
Their opening goal came courtesy of midfielder Scott McTominay, who swept home the opener after City failed to clear a corner.
VAR formed a massive part of the conversation after it overturned Stuart Attwell's decision on two occasions to award United spot-kicks. Both Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial saw their efforts saved by Tim Krul, who Solskjaer described as a world class penalty stopper in his post-match thoughts.
Despite their penalty misses, both strikers did eventually get themselves on the score sheet as City saw themselves fall 3-0 behind.
You may also want to watch:
Onel Hernandez' late strike ensured the Canaries did get a consolation but, ultimately, they were second best in all departments as United impressed from an offensive sense.
This defeat stretches City's winless run to five matches, with important fixtures against Brighton and Watford on the horizon.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 8 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
Read the reaction of the Norwich faithful above and below.