Surprise in premier cup competition
Bridgham United and Dickleburgh are the early leaders in Crown fire Central & South Norfolk League Division One. Bridgham travelled to Yaxham and came away with all three points from a 3-0 win while Dickleburgh entertained Gressenhall and won by the odd goal of three.
Bridgham United and Dickleburgh are the early leaders in Crown fire Central & South Norfolk League Division One.
Bridgham travelled to Yaxham and came away with all three points from a 3-0 win while Dickleburgh entertained Gressenhall and won by the odd goal of three.
Cockers secured their second win since promotion by beating Swaffham Town A 3-1. Dereham Town A celebrated a 4-0 home win over Rockland United.
League newcomers Narborough secured their first points with a 4-3 victory over Cranworth.
You may also want to watch:
There was just one match in Division Two where Morley Village beat West End to go to the top of the table.
The rest of the programme was occupied by first and second round matches in the Ben Smith Memorial Cup, the league's premier cup competition.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 2 Get behind McGovern urges Farke
- 3 STARTING XIs: Three changes and very young bench for injury-hit City against Coventry
- 4 Matchday Recap: City top and unbeaten in 10 after draw with Coventry
- 5 Late heartbreak for injury-plagued City as Biamou's late strike rescues a point for Coventry
- 6 Paddy's Pointers: Canaries 1-1 Coventry City
- 7 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 8 'Frustrating' - City fans dejected after injury crisis worsens during Coventry draw
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
In the first round, Wendling beat Necton Reserves 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw.
The biggest surprise of the day was in the second round where last season's beaten finalists, Hethersett Athletic, were beaten 2-0 by Sporle.
Two matches went to penalty deciders - Thetford Rovers Reserves squeezed past Bawdeswell 3-2 on spot kicks after a 3-3 draw and Hindolveston won their penalty shootout by the same score after a 3-3 draw with Colkirk.
Bradenham Wanderers Reserves proved too strong for Methwold Rovers and beat them 4-1 and Great Cressingham enjoyed a 5-0 home win over Shropham United Reserves.
Tacolneston won 2-0 at Hingham Athletic Reserves, Northwold SSC beat Saham Toney Reserves 5-0 and Breckland Wanderers won by the odd goal of three at Narborough Reserves.
Rampant Horse beat Beetley United and Scarning United won a high-scoring game against Gressenhall Reserves 8-6.
Shropham United were 3-1 home winners over Splitz United and Castle Acre Swifts won 2-1 at Swanton Morley.
In the match of the two newcomers, Stoke Ferry beat Nostro by the only goal and Bunwell were 3-1 winners at Wymondham Town A.