Survey claims City fans are fourth most optimistic ahead of new Championship season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are the fourth most optimistic about their club’s chances ahead of the new Championship season, according to a survey carried out by EFL sponsor Sky Bet.
Over 2,000 supporters of Championship clubs were asked about their hopes as part of research completed by Sky Bet and YouGov for the Fan Hope Survey.
On a scale of one to 10 - with one being not optimistic at all and 10 being very optimistic - Canaries fans taking part ranked their hopes at an average of 7.45.
Just three teams have supporters currently feeling more optimistic, according to the survey, led by beaten play-off finalists Brentford on 8.10 out of 10 - as the Bees move into a new stadium.
Millwall were second on 7.66 after narrowly missing out on the play-offs after a strong second half of the season under Gary Rowett and Cardiff were third on 7.48 after play-off semi-final defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Sheffield Wednesday are bottom on 3.98 as they start with a 12-point deduction after a financial dispute with the EFL,comfortably worse than fans of Reading (5.13) and newly promoted Wycombe (5.30).
The clubs relegated from the Premier League alongside City do not seem to be inspiring the same sort of hope though, with Bournemouth ranked 15th on 6.26 out of 10 and Watford 17th on 6.08).
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update
- You can take part in our Norwich City pre-season survey above
- You can also listen to the latest edition of the Pinkun.com Norwich City Podcast, ahead of Saturday’s League Cup first round tie at Luton, at the top of this article