Survey ranks Carrow Road as second best for spectators in the Premier League
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Carrow Road is the second best stadium for spectators in the Premier League, according to a newly published survey.
The home of Norwich City was runner-up only to Wolverhampton Wanderers’ stadium, Molineux, according to the Football Stadium Index.
The Index gave Wolves’ home an overall rating of 7.73 out of 10, based on a combination of online reviews and stadium costs, with Carrow Road in second place on 7.49 ahead of Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium on 7.20.
Propping up the table in the Index is Chelsea, rated at just 3.64 overall for Stamford Bridge, with West Ham’s London Stadium 19th on 4.26 and Leicester City’s King Power Stadium 18th on 4.60.
The criteria used were Google ratings and TripAdvisor reviews, as well as walking distance to the stadium from the nearest rail station. The costs of a pint, a pie, a season ticket and a stadium tour were also factored in, with each factor given a rating out of 10 before being averaged out for each team.
You may also want to watch:
For the Canaries, the Google rating for Carrow Road was just 5.00 and TripAdvisor at 6.97, with the distance from the rail station at 6.90, despite being a walk of less than five minutes.
The price of a pint was given a maximum 10, a pie at 6.88, a season ticket at 9.21 and a stadium tour of 7.50 - averaging out to 7.49 and second place in the Index.
- 1 Lambert and Ipswich in crisis: Do you care, City fans?
- 2 City striker seals Swindon loan move; Hugill injury boost
- 3 Cantwell explains why he wears different coloured boots and why City is in his DNA
- 4 'I was knocked for six' - Krul reveals difficulties of his Covid-19 recovery
- 5 City Q&A: Striker light - Your questions answered
- 6 Six things you might have missed following Norwich City's FA Cup exit at Barnsley
- 7 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 9 Di Cunningham: Why City fans are in a class of their own
- 10 Chris Goreham: The importance of Hugill and home schooling
FOOTBALL STADIUM INDEX
1 Molineux (Wolves) - 7.73
2 Carrow Road (Norwich) - 7.49
3 Etihad (Man City) - 7.20
4 Bramall Lane (Sheff Utd) - 7.03
5 Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 6.81
6 St James’ Park (Newcastle) - 6.69
7 Anfield (Liverpool) - 6.61
8 Villa Park (Aston Villa) - 6.37
9 Amex (Brighton) - 6.21
10 Turf Moor (Burnley) - 6.08
11 Vitality (Bournemouth) - 5.84
12 Emirates (Arsenal) - 5.67
13 Old Trafford (Man Utd) - 5.58
14 Goodison Park (Everton) - 5.56
15 Vicarage Rd (Watford) - 5.14
16 St Mary’s (Southampton) - 4.93
17 Selhurst Park (Palace) - 4.88
18 King Power (Leicester) - 4.60
19 London Stadium (W Ham) - 4.26
20 Stamford Bridge (Chelsea) - 3.64