Survey ranks Carrow Road as second best for spectators in the Premier League
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Carrow Road is the second best stadium for spectators in the Premier League, according to a newly published survey.
The home of Norwich City was runner-up only to Wolverhampton Wanderers’ stadium, Molineux, according to the Football Stadium Index.
The Index gave Wolves’ home an overall rating of 7.73 out of 10, based on a combination of online reviews and stadium costs, with Carrow Road in second place on 7.49 ahead of Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium on 7.20.
Propping up the table in the Index is Chelsea, rated at just 3.64 overall for Stamford Bridge, with West Ham’s London Stadium 19th on 4.26 and Leicester City’s King Power Stadium 18th on 4.60.
The criteria used were Google ratings and TripAdvisor reviews, as well as walking distance to the stadium from the nearest rail station. The costs of a pint, a pie, a season ticket and a stadium tour were also factored in, with each factor given a rating out of 10 before being averaged out for each team.
You may also want to watch:
For the Canaries, the Google rating for Carrow Road was just 5.00 and TripAdvisor at 6.97, with the distance from the rail station at 6.90, despite being a walk of less than five minutes.
The price of a pint was given a maximum 10, a pie at 6.88, a season ticket at 9.21 and a stadium tour of 7.50 - averaging out to 7.49 and second place in the Index.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
FOOTBALL STADIUM INDEX
1 Molineux (Wolves) - 7.73
2 Carrow Road (Norwich) - 7.49
3 Etihad (Man City) - 7.20
4 Bramall Lane (Sheff Utd) - 7.03
5 Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - 6.81
6 St James’ Park (Newcastle) - 6.69
7 Anfield (Liverpool) - 6.61
8 Villa Park (Aston Villa) - 6.37
9 Amex (Brighton) - 6.21
10 Turf Moor (Burnley) - 6.08
11 Vitality (Bournemouth) - 5.84
12 Emirates (Arsenal) - 5.67
13 Old Trafford (Man Utd) - 5.58
14 Goodison Park (Everton) - 5.56
15 Vicarage Rd (Watford) - 5.14
16 St Mary’s (Southampton) - 4.93
17 Selhurst Park (Palace) - 4.88
18 King Power (Leicester) - 4.60
19 London Stadium (W Ham) - 4.26
20 Stamford Bridge (Chelsea) - 3.64