Swaffham lose out to Yarmouth
Swaffham Town 1, Great Yarmouth Town 2: Swaffham unable to maintain the consistency of team selection with Stuart Seales, Tom Rainford, David Greenwood, Robbie Howling (injured) and Paul Shafer (suspended) all missing from the squad for Saturday's line-up.
Swaffham Town 1, Great Yarmouth Town 2
Swaffham unable to maintain the consistency of team selection with Stuart Seales, Tom Rainford, David Greenwood, Robbie Howling (injured) and Paul Shafer (suspended) all missing from the squad for Saturday's line-up.
Another very warm afternoon saw a cautious start for both sides with Yarmouth showing the more ambition in a fairly uneventful first half.
The visitors took the lead in the 54th minute, leaving Lee Brookes with no chance in a two-on-one attack.
You may also want to watch:
The scores levelled eight minutes later when Gavin Norman scored from the penalty spot following Andrew Hunter being pulled down in the box.
Matthew Kenny came on in the 70th minute for Keith Polski with plans to change the dynamics of the game but Yarmouth notched up another in the 78th minute.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
It could have been three, but once again Brookes came to Swaffham's rescue with a quality save in the dying minutes of the game.
Swaffham Reserves played Thorpe Village in the first round of the Norfolk Junior Cup and after a goal-less first half went down 3-0.
The A-team kept honours even away to Dereham Town A 1-1 with Mark Blockwell scoring for the Pedlars.
Another full weekend next week, The Reserves host Hoveton Wherrymen under lights Friday evening (7.30 pm kick-off, entrance �1, 50p under 16/Concessions).
On Saturday the first team travel to Cornard, Suffolk in the Ridgeons League (3pm k/o) and the 'A' Team play Bridgham United at Shoemakers Lane (3pm k/o).
Swaffham FC's thanks to the George Hotel and the Greyhound Inn for again providing after-match food and refreshments for the First and Reserve Teams respectively.
Finally, well done and many thanks to one of the unseen volunteers at the club, Mark Titmarsh (assistant groundsperson), who has cut and prepared the first team pitch this season.
The visitors to Shoemakers lane this season have all commented on the quality of the playing surface.