Swindon sign up Premier League striker
Swindon were today poised to add extra firepower to their attack in time for their meeting with League One leaders City. West Ham striker Frank Nouble was expected to sign on loan for the Robins until the end of the season.
Swindon were today poised to add extra firepower to their attack in time for their meeting with League One leaders City.
West Ham striker Frank Nouble was expected to sign on loan for the Robins until the end of the season.
Manager Danny Wilson admitted yesterday he was close to bringing a fresh face into his injury-hit squad, and England Under-19 international Nouble will be the man to try to fire Swindon to promotion.
Wilson said: “We've made a lot of headway and with a bit of luck will have somebody in by Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“I don't want to jump in too quickly and tell you exactly who it is and where he plays, I would rather have him in the door first and get him under a loan contract.”
But Nouble is understood to have travelled from London to Swindon yesterday afternoon to finalise the deal, was expected to join his new team-mates this morning for training, and go straight into the squad to face the Canaries tomorrow.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update
The 18-year-old has made 10 appearances for West Ham this season following his summer switch from Premier League rivals Chelsea.
Nouble spent the whole of February on loan at West Bromwich Albion, where he played three times.
With 22-goal top scorer Billy Paynter currently sidelined through a hamstring injury and Vincent Pericard fighting to be fit for tomorrow's game, Nouble's arrival will be a timely boost for Wilson.