Swindon sign up Premier League striker
Swindon were today poised to add extra firepower to their attack in time for their meeting with League One leaders City. West Ham striker Frank Nouble was expected to sign on loan for the Robins until the end of the season.
Swindon were today poised to add extra firepower to their attack in time for their meeting with League One leaders City.
West Ham striker Frank Nouble was expected to sign on loan for the Robins until the end of the season.
Manager Danny Wilson admitted yesterday he was close to bringing a fresh face into his injury-hit squad, and England Under-19 international Nouble will be the man to try to fire Swindon to promotion.
Wilson said: “We've made a lot of headway and with a bit of luck will have somebody in by Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“I don't want to jump in too quickly and tell you exactly who it is and where he plays, I would rather have him in the door first and get him under a loan contract.”
But Nouble is understood to have travelled from London to Swindon yesterday afternoon to finalise the deal, was expected to join his new team-mates this morning for training, and go straight into the squad to face the Canaries tomorrow.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 4 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
The 18-year-old has made 10 appearances for West Ham this season following his summer switch from Premier League rivals Chelsea.
Nouble spent the whole of February on loan at West Bromwich Albion, where he played three times.
With 22-goal top scorer Billy Paynter currently sidelined through a hamstring injury and Vincent Pericard fighting to be fit for tomorrow's game, Nouble's arrival will be a timely boost for Wilson.