Nickname: The Robins
Year formed: 1879
Ground: County Ground, Swindon, SN1 2ED
2008/09 average: 7,498
For visitors: 1,200 in the Arkells Stand
- 1 Smith takeaways: Reading reflections, possession frustrations and Cantwell absence
- 2 'Take that and run' - City fans react to Reading point
- 3 ROYALS 1 CANARIES 1 - Key moments, ratings and stats
- 4 Draw against 'talented' Norwich a sign of how far Reading have come - Ince
- 5 City skipper wants more after opening goal account
- 6 Gibbs is one of a kind in City midfield mix
- 7 Remember when Norwich City steamrolled Carlisle in 1971?
- 8 'Two of them were waiting in the tunnel' - Bellamy on life at Norwich
- 9 Bring the noise again - Deano urges City fans
- 10 Lucky 13 for City as Hanley latest to ease goalscoring burden
Position last season: 15th in League One
Manager: Danny Wilson (December 2008)
Player to watch - Lee Peacock: Now entering the veteran stages of his career, Peacock has been a valuable asset to the Robins since signing in 2006. Tough as teak, Peacock plays with his heart on his sleeve is still difficult to contain for opposition defences, although his biggest impact this season may come from the bench during the closing stages of games.
Record transfer fee paid: �800,000 (Joey Beauchamp, West Ham, 1997)
Record transfer fee received: �1.5m (Kevin Horlock, Man City, 1997)
Ticket office: 0870 443 1894
Official website: www.swindontownfc.co.uk
Distance: 185 miles
Journey time: 4 hrs, 4 mins
For directions to the ground go to www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/away-guide/Map.aspx
Pub: Ever get irritated at missing the football when you need the toilet? Visit The Merlin (5-9 Wilmslow Road, Alderley Edge, SK9 7QL) where TV screens are everywhere, including in the gents. Away fans are welcome and this modern pub is a short walk away from the County Ground.
Last league meeting: Swindon 0, Norwich City 0 (22 March, 2000)
City connection: Goalkeeping coach Paul Crichton had a short loan spell at Swindon, Jamie Cureton spent a year there before joining Colchester.