Is there any way back for Drmic at Norwich City?
- Credit: Archant
Josip Drmic was the surprise name in Norwich City’s Under-23s line-up on Monday night as the youngsters swept to a 3-0 win over Reading in Premier League 2.
The Swiss international was one of three overage players clubs are allowed to deploy in these fixtures and he ended up scoring the third goal with a fine finish.
His inclusion was met with surprise amongst some supporters wondering if there is any way back for Drmic with the Canaries?
Unless Norwich suffer the kind of injury crisis in the forward line that they suffered at centre back last season, then the Canaries would still like to see the former Borussia Monchengladbach man leave before the October 16 transfer deadline, although deals with overseas clubs must be completed by Monday, October 5 (11pm).
MORE: Drmic nets in win for youngstersHowever, it is of course in Norwich’s interests for Drmic to remain fit and attractive to clubs so they are able to shed his contract come the end of the transfer window. Drmic has two years remaining on his deal with the Canaries.
Head coach Daniel Farke is happy with his forward options as demonstrated in the 1-0 win over Huddersfield at the weekend when Teemu Pukki set up youngster Adam Idah for the only goal of the game. Summer signing Jordan Hugill is also expected to play a bit part this season following his move from West Ham.
You may also want to watch:
It had been hoped Drmic’s arrival last summer would provide the ideal back-up to Pukki in the Premier League but after three goals in 24 matches a parting of the ways was inevitable. It remains to be seen if there are any takers at this stage as well as Moritz Leitner and Tomy Trybull, who have also been told they are surplus to requirements.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia