Table-topping Thetford Rovers Reserves extend lead
The Division One leaders Thetford Rovers Reserves maintained their 100% record and stretched their lead at the top of the table to four points with an 11-4 win at Great Ryburgh while second-placed Dereham Town A dropped two points in a goalless draw at home to third-placed Shipdham.
Swaffham Town A are fourth after a convincing 10-1 home win over Cockers and Bunwell are fifth after winning 7-0 at Cranworth. Gressenhall are sixth after their 3-0 home win over Narborough while Hingham Athletic enjoyed a welcome 5-1 home win over Rockland Utd.
The Division Two leaders, Castle Acre Swifts, lost by the only goal of the game at home to Northwold S&SC and are now only a point ahead of Nostro who maintained their 100% start to the season with a home 9-0 win over Hingham Athletic Reserves. Yaxham are third after their odd goal of seven win at Shropham Utd but Hethersett Athletic in fourth place were soundly beaten 6-0 by Morley Village. Necton are fifth after a 1-1 home draw with Wymondham Town A. Feltwell Utd beat Sporle 8-3 at home while Saham Toney Reserves won 3-1 at West End.
Narborough Reserves are back on top of Division Three after beating Splitz Utd 4-2 and Bawdeswell are second following their 3-0 win at Rockland Utd Reserves. Three clubs are on 12 points a further point adrift – these are North Elmham who beat Wendling 3-2, Thurton & Ashby who ran out 4-1 winners at Shipdham Reserves and former leaders Methwold Rovers. Breckland Wanderers beat Gressenhall Reserves 2-1 while Stoke Ferry were 5-3 home winners over Great Cressingham.
Diss Town A continue to lead Division Four after a 4-0 home win over Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves while second-placed Shropham Utd Reserves were held to a 1-1 draw by Beetley Utd. Rampant Horse are up to third after beating local rivals Colkirk 3-2 and Tugas Utd are fourth after inflicting a heavy 16-0 defeat on bottom club Dereham Cockers Utd. Mattishall A are fifth following their 3-0 home win over Tacolneston Reserves. Nostro Reserves had a good 6-0 home win over North Elmham Reserves and Scarning Utd beat Weasenham Wanderers 4-2.
You may also want to watch:
In the other semi-final of the Birds Sport & Outdoor Benevolent Cup, Tacolneston beat Bridgham Utd 3-2 after extra time and will now meet Morley Village in the final which will be the first of the League’s cup finals to be played in the latter stages of the season.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 5 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 8 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 9 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 10 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat