STARTING XIs: Two changes for City at Everton
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Gibson and Pierre Lees-Melou return to Norwich City's starting Premier League line-up for this afternoon's match at Everton.
Gibson replaces winger Milot Rashica, who was a doubt with an adductor injury but is on the bench, as the 3-5-2 formation from Tuesday's cup loss to Liverpool is retained.
The defender lost his starting role for the last two league games but returns on the left of a back three alongside skipper Grant Hanley and Ozan Kabak.
Lees-Melou replaces Billy Gilmour in midfield, with head coach Daniel Farke seemingly opting for experience for a tough game.
Sixth-placed Everton have several injury concerns which have knocked a strong start to life under Rafa Benitez, losing 3-0 at Aston Villa last weekend.
Norwich are bottom and without a point after five consecutive defeats, following a painful 3-1 home loss to fellow promoted side Watford last weekend.
Mathias Normann (knee) and Josh Sargent (adductor) both return after missing the 3-1 home loss to Liverpool in the League Cup.
- 1 Webber on Farke future and his own contract
- 2 Ferguson knew ex-City captain would excel in management
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Should Farke pick up the phone to Neil?
- 4 'Scandalous, a disgrace' - City chief hits backs at haters
- 5 'Don't give up on us now' - Webber plea to City fans
- 6 Buendia sale crucial to £21.5m profit that helped fund City's summer revamp
- 7 Webber defends City's summer recruitment
- 8 City chiefs 'very proud' of financial results amid Covid-19 challenges
- 9 Former City striker takes caretaker charge of Championship side
- 10 Giannoulis committed to City survival scrap
Todd Cantwell is absent due to personal reasons and Christoph Zimmermann (ankle) remains out of contention.
Przemek Placheta is due to resume full training next week after struggling with Covid-19 symptoms and full-back Sam Byram is yet to return to full training after his long-term injury problems.
For the hosts, England number one Jordan Pickford returns after missing two games with a shoulder issue as the only change to the Toffees' league XI.
However, strikers Richarlison (knee) and Dominic Calvert-Lewin (thigh) are out injured alongside experienced right-back Seamus Coleman (hamstring) and midfielder Andre Gomes (calf).
Emphasising Benitez's injury issues, two keepers are named on a young bench.
- You can watch full analysis of the starting XIs in the video above
EVERTON (4-4-1-1): Pickford; Godfrey, Mina, Keane, Digne (C); Townsend, Doucoure, Allan, Iwobi; Gray; Rondon. Subs: Begovic (GK), Lonergan (GK), Kenny, Holgate, Branthwaite, Davies, Gordon, Simms, Dobbin
NORWICH (3-5-2): Krul; Kabak, Hanley (C), Gibson; Aarons, Lees-Melou, Normann, McLean, Williams; Sargent, Pukki. Subs: Gunn (GK), Omobamidele, Giannoulis, Rupp, Gilmour, Dowell, Rashica, Tzolis, Idah
REFEREE: David Coote
VAR: Lee Mason
- You can follow all the updates from Goodison Park in our NCFC Live blog