STARTING XIs: Gibson and Giannoulis return for City against Gills
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ben Gibson and Dimitris Giannoulis return from injury but there are some notable absences as Norwich City resume pre-season against Gillingham tonight.
The Canaries had to cancel friendlies against Coventry and Sheffield United last week after a small number of positive Covid-19 tests, which put the return from injury of Gibson, Grant Hanley, Giannoulis and Kenny McLean on hold.
Gibson starts alongside Andrew Omobamidele in central defence, with Giannoulis at left-back and Max Aarons at right-back in front of goalkeeper Tim Krul.
Lukas Rupp, Billy Gilmour and Pierre Lees-Melou look to make up a midfield three, with Kieran Dowell and Todd Cantwell in attacking support of striker Adam Idah in a 4-3-2-1 shape.
Hanley, Bali Mumba, Sam Byram, Milot Rashica, Onel Hernandez, Przemek Placheta, Teemu Pukki and Jordan Hugill are not involved but Angus Gunn and Jacob Sorensen return to the bench after a spell of Covid-19 isolation.
Gillingham provide the opposition this evening (8pm kick-off) ahead of their League One opener at home to Lincoln on Saturday.
The Canaries are scheduled to conclude pre-season against Newcastle at St James' Park on Saturday before their Premier League opener against Liverpool at Carrow Road on August 14.
- 1 Farke reveals Tzolis' 'punishment' for penalty gaffe
- 2 PRESSER: Everton v City - Rashica a doubt; Normann and Sargent fit
- 3 Iwan Roberts: Don't blame formations for Norwich City's poor form
- 4 Canaries keeper sent out on loan
- 5 City star pencils in Anthony Joshua night out after Everton clash
- 6 Derby County struggles vindicate Norwich approach for Farke
- 7 So where's Norwich City's next point coming from?
- 8 Godfrey had out-grown City's Championship quest
- 9 Hanley will answer City critics
- 10 England keeper fit to face Norwich City
NORWICH (4-3-2-1): Krul; Aarons, Omobamidele, Gibson (C), Giannoulis; Rupp, Gilmour, Lees-Melou; Cantwell, Dowell; Idah. Subs: Gunn (GK), Zimmermann, Sorensen, McLean, Adshead, Tomkinson
GILLINGHAM: Cumming; Bennett, Tucker, Ehmer, Tutonda, O'Keefe, Carayol (trialist), Lee, Crowley (trialist), Phillips, Oliver. Subs: Chapman (GK), Akinde, Lloyd, Tintott, Hall (trialist), Maghoma
REFEREE: Andy Woolmer
- This story will be updated swiftly with full team news
- You can follow all the updates, analysis and reaction in our NCFC Live blog