Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Newcastle?
- Credit: Jason Dawson
How many changes would you make to the Norwich City team for Saturday’s first home clash of the Premier League season, against Newcastle? Here’s the chance to pick your team.
Daniel Farke's team kicked off their top-flight campaign with a 4-1 defeat away to European champions Liverpool on Friday, with Teemu Pukki's goal and three fine Tim Krul saves keeping the score-line respectable.
Krul started in goal, with Max Aarons, Grant Hanley, Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis the starting back four, with Hanley's unfortunate own goal starting the Reds' romp into a 4-0 lead by the break.
Farke is set to provide an update on centre-backs Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann at his pre-match press conference, although Klose was only due to return to full training after a hip issue this week and Zimmermann is not expected to return from minor knee surgery until later this month.
New signing Ibrahim Amadou could come into contention though after signing on loan from Sevilla last Wednesday, with the former Lille man capable of playing at centre-back or as a defensive midfielder.
Tom Trybull and Kenny McLean started in the deep-lying central midfield roles at Anfield, with Emi Buendia, Marco Stiepermann and Todd Cantwell the attacking midfield trident supplying Pukki.
You may also want to watch:
Moritz Leitner impressed off the bench, hitting the crossbar and injecting from energy, while Onel Hernandez and Josip Drmic also had cameo roles off the bench.
Would you make changes to the starting XI? We've assumed that Klose won't be available to start, for the time being, ahead of Farke's team news update on Friday.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above