Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Newcastle?
- Credit: Jason Dawson
How many changes would you make to the Norwich City team for Saturday’s first home clash of the Premier League season, against Newcastle? Here’s the chance to pick your team.
Daniel Farke's team kicked off their top-flight campaign with a 4-1 defeat away to European champions Liverpool on Friday, with Teemu Pukki's goal and three fine Tim Krul saves keeping the score-line respectable.
Krul started in goal, with Max Aarons, Grant Hanley, Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis the starting back four, with Hanley's unfortunate own goal starting the Reds' romp into a 4-0 lead by the break.
Farke is set to provide an update on centre-backs Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann at his pre-match press conference, although Klose was only due to return to full training after a hip issue this week and Zimmermann is not expected to return from minor knee surgery until later this month.
New signing Ibrahim Amadou could come into contention though after signing on loan from Sevilla last Wednesday, with the former Lille man capable of playing at centre-back or as a defensive midfielder.
Tom Trybull and Kenny McLean started in the deep-lying central midfield roles at Anfield, with Emi Buendia, Marco Stiepermann and Todd Cantwell the attacking midfield trident supplying Pukki.
You may also want to watch:
Moritz Leitner impressed off the bench, hitting the crossbar and injecting from energy, while Onel Hernandez and Josip Drmic also had cameo roles off the bench.
Would you make changes to the starting XI? We've assumed that Klose won't be available to start, for the time being, ahead of Farke's team news update on Friday.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above