Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Newcastle?
- Credit: Jason Dawson
How many changes would you make to the Norwich City team for Saturday’s first home clash of the Premier League season, against Newcastle? Here’s the chance to pick your team.
Daniel Farke's team kicked off their top-flight campaign with a 4-1 defeat away to European champions Liverpool on Friday, with Teemu Pukki's goal and three fine Tim Krul saves keeping the score-line respectable.
Krul started in goal, with Max Aarons, Grant Hanley, Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis the starting back four, with Hanley's unfortunate own goal starting the Reds' romp into a 4-0 lead by the break.
Farke is set to provide an update on centre-backs Timm Klose and Christoph Zimmermann at his pre-match press conference, although Klose was only due to return to full training after a hip issue this week and Zimmermann is not expected to return from minor knee surgery until later this month.
New signing Ibrahim Amadou could come into contention though after signing on loan from Sevilla last Wednesday, with the former Lille man capable of playing at centre-back or as a defensive midfielder.
Tom Trybull and Kenny McLean started in the deep-lying central midfield roles at Anfield, with Emi Buendia, Marco Stiepermann and Todd Cantwell the attacking midfield trident supplying Pukki.
You may also want to watch:
Moritz Leitner impressed off the bench, hitting the crossbar and injecting from energy, while Onel Hernandez and Josip Drmic also had cameo roles off the bench.
Would you make changes to the starting XI? We've assumed that Klose won't be available to start, for the time being, ahead of Farke's team news update on Friday.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 7 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Farke, Frankfurt and the future
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above