Team selector: Who should start for Norwich City against Everton?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
With Christoph Zimmermann returning from injury, would you be tempted to switch formation and start with a three at the back at Goodison Park?
Daniel Farke confirmed at his pre-match press conference that the towering German, who captained the team for a large portion of last season, would be fit enough to start on Saturday as City prepare to face Marco Silva's revitalised Everton.
Zimmermann's return provides the option for Farke to switch formation in an attempt to discover a solution to the defensive woes the Canaries have faced this season.
Although, that would mean persisting with a make-shift central defensive option in either Alex Tettey or Ibrahim Amadou. Grant Hanley has suffered a minor set-back in his recovery from a groin problem and is yet to return to team training.
Left-back Jamal Lewis will also miss the trip to Merseyside due to a knee injury. Will that open the door to Philip Heise or will Sam Byram step into defence?
You may also want to watch:
Ensuring they discover a midfield balance will be crucial given the isolation of Teemu Pukki in recent outings and an increasingly exposed looking back-line.
The Finnish striker has continued his positive form for Finland but can he rediscover his goal scoring touch for the Canaries?
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 5 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 6 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 10 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
Emi Buendia has, statistically, been City's most prominent creator but repeated mistakes has seen frustration towards the Argentine grow.
Would you drop Buendia or move him into a central position in an attempt to extract his talents?
- Let us know your preferred starting line-up by selecting your 11 players above