City duo named in Championship Team of the Week
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City duo Teemu Pukki and Emi Buendia have been named in the Championship Team of the Week for their contributions in the Canaries win over Bristol City.
Pukki netted twice as City went onto win the encounter 3-1, with the Finn looking back to his lethal best.
The Finnish international has had a testing 2020, but City supporters will be hoping the goals can kick-start his form in the Championship.
Pukki’s contribution moves him within two goals of City’s legends Darren Huckerby and Martin Peters on the club’s all-time record goalscorers list. Pukki is yet to make 100 appearances for the club.
Buendia’s inclusion comes after he converted his first goal of the season. The Argentine has been a productive source of creativity for the Canaries but lacked the goalscoring touch many expect of him.
You may also want to watch:
His sublime touch controlled a long pass from Ben Gibson before he placed it in the net beyond Daniel Bentley. Buendia seems to be finding his rhythm in the Championship, putting the uncertainty caused by the recent transfer window behind him.
It’s the fourth successive time a City player has been named in Team of the Week, which is based off WhoScored.com’s match ratings.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 8 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 10 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
Championship Team of the Week: Ben Hamer (Huddersfield Town); Ben Cabango (Swansea City), Danny Batth (Stoke City), Naby Sarr (Huddersfield Town); Emi Buendia (Norwich City), Graeme Shinnie (Derby County), Lewis O’Brien (Huddersfield Town), Rico Henry (Brentford); Matt Godden (Coventry City), Josh Koroma (Huddersfield Town); Teemu Pukki (Norwich City). Coach: Carlos Corberan (Huddersfield Town)