City duo named in Championship Team of the Week
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City duo Teemu Pukki and Emi Buendia have been named in the Championship Team of the Week for their contributions in the Canaries win over Bristol City.
Pukki netted twice as City went onto win the encounter 3-1, with the Finn looking back to his lethal best.
The Finnish international has had a testing 2020, but City supporters will be hoping the goals can kick-start his form in the Championship.
Pukki’s contribution moves him within two goals of City’s legends Darren Huckerby and Martin Peters on the club’s all-time record goalscorers list. Pukki is yet to make 100 appearances for the club.
Buendia’s inclusion comes after he converted his first goal of the season. The Argentine has been a productive source of creativity for the Canaries but lacked the goalscoring touch many expect of him.
You may also want to watch:
His sublime touch controlled a long pass from Ben Gibson before he placed it in the net beyond Daniel Bentley. Buendia seems to be finding his rhythm in the Championship, putting the uncertainty caused by the recent transfer window behind him.
It’s the fourth successive time a City player has been named in Team of the Week, which is based off WhoScored.com’s match ratings.
- 1 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 2 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 3 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 7 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 8 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 9 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 10 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
Championship Team of the Week: Ben Hamer (Huddersfield Town); Ben Cabango (Swansea City), Danny Batth (Stoke City), Naby Sarr (Huddersfield Town); Emi Buendia (Norwich City), Graeme Shinnie (Derby County), Lewis O’Brien (Huddersfield Town), Rico Henry (Brentford); Matt Godden (Coventry City), Josh Koroma (Huddersfield Town); Teemu Pukki (Norwich City). Coach: Carlos Corberan (Huddersfield Town)