Pukki records assist on Finland return
- Credit: PA
Teemu Pukki returned from injury to help Finland record a 2-0 victory over Bulgaria in their Nations League clash tonight.
City’s talisman was ruled out of the opening game of the international break - a 5-1 defeat to Poland - due to a toe infection that he needed an injection to feature for Norwich City in last Saturday’s 1-0 Championship defeat to Derby.
The 30-year-old was back for their game this evening and registered an assist to help his side record a victory as they remained second behind Wales in League B Group 4 of the competition.
Robert Taylor netted the first for Finland before Fredrik Jensen struck to ensure the three points for the hosts.
Pukki’s side are set to meet the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday - and the visitors are waiting to see whether City striker Adam Idah will re-join the squad after being deemed as a close contact of a staff member who tested positive.
You may also want to watch:
That result has been proved to be a false positive, which means Idah could theoretically return to the squad according to the Irish Independent, although it is considered unlikely.
Tim Krul was named on the bench for the Netherlands goalless draw with Bosnia and Herzegovina. Jasper Cillesen was recalled by Frank De Boer despite Krul’s impressive individual performance in the 2-1 friendly defeat to Mexico.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder