D-day for City striker
- Credit: Imago/PA Images
SC Telstar will make a decision on whether to sign Norwich City striker Sebastian Soto on loan later this week, according to their boss Andries Jonker.
The 20-year-old American youth international has been training with the Dutch second-division side with a view to joining them on a season-long loan.
Soto joined the Canaries earlier in the window after opting to leave German side Hannover 96. City are hoping to send him out on loan as they look to resolve issues with his work permit.
“I hear all kinds of wild stories, but we haven’t made a decision about him yet. I don’t know if there is also interest from other clubs. I have nothing to do with that either. That is up to him. We will make a decision later this week,” Jonker told Dutch outlet Noordhollands Dagblad.
City have a blossoming relationship with SC Telstar after midfielder Charlie Gilmour spent the entirety of last season on loan with the club.
You may also want to watch:
Todd Cantwell also profited from a loan in the Netherlands with Fortuna Sittard in 2018, which helped him to kick-start his Canaries career.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies