D-day for City striker
- Credit: Imago/PA Images
SC Telstar will make a decision on whether to sign Norwich City striker Sebastian Soto on loan later this week, according to their boss Andries Jonker.
The 20-year-old American youth international has been training with the Dutch second-division side with a view to joining them on a season-long loan.
Soto joined the Canaries earlier in the window after opting to leave German side Hannover 96. City are hoping to send him out on loan as they look to resolve issues with his work permit.
“I hear all kinds of wild stories, but we haven’t made a decision about him yet. I don’t know if there is also interest from other clubs. I have nothing to do with that either. That is up to him. We will make a decision later this week,” Jonker told Dutch outlet Noordhollands Dagblad.
City have a blossoming relationship with SC Telstar after midfielder Charlie Gilmour spent the entirety of last season on loan with the club.
You may also want to watch:
Todd Cantwell also profited from a loan in the Netherlands with Fortuna Sittard in 2018, which helped him to kick-start his Canaries career.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries make bid for Peterborough ace
- 2 Could Canaries benefit from Chelsea appointing Tuchel?
- 3 Former Arsenal and Norwich midfielder set to sign for Saints
- 4 Boro set to sign Premier League forward ahead of Norwich trip
- 5 'There isn't one team that stands out' - Bees' boss on promotion fight
- 6 Paddy Davitt: City's bold call and the status quo
- 7 'He came crying' - Former coach details Giannoulis left-back conversion
- 8 Arsenal end chase in City star with Real Madrid signing
- 9 Connor Southwell: Sorting Todd’s contract is City’s next big mission
- 10 The story of Alex Neil and Jordan Hugill's trainers