Ten more inducted into Norwich City Hall of Fame
Ten new members will be enrolled into Norwich City's Hall of Fame at a special dinner to be held at Carrow Road on Friday, November 13. A number of Canary legends and current Hall of Famers are returning to Carrow Road for the event including World Cup winner Martin Peters and Darren Huckerby.
Ten new members will be enrolled into Norwich City's Hall of Fame at a special dinner to be held at Carrow Road on Friday, November 13.
A number of Canary legends and current Hall of Famers are returning to Carrow Road for the event including World Cup winner Martin Peters and Darren Huckerby.
The new inductees are players or club officials representing particular eras of Norwich City history - five have been selected by the Norwich City Historical Trust's Board and five have been voted for by supporters. All of the new members have either been invited to the dinner or their nearest living relatives have been invited in their stead.
t The new Norwich City Hall of Fame members are:
Arthur Turner (the club's first ever secretary/manager)
Bob Collinson (the club's first ever captain and competitive goalscorer)
- 1 Smith searching for a Pukki support cast
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 3 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
- 4 McLean hammer blow for Scots' World Cup bid
- 5 'I wanted to stay' - Normann disappointed by City relegation
- 6 'We will bring players of the right standard' - City boss on missing link
- 7 Aarons an ideal fit for Man United - Rio
- 8 Chris Sutton: What do City fans prefer - the Premier League or the Championship?
- 9 Aarons called up by England under-21s
- 10 Mulbarton Wanderers win Norfolk Senior Cup final
Bob Young (the club's manager throughout the Second World War)
Russell Allison (the club's long-serving groundsman)
Roger Munby (former chairman)
Tom Johnston (centre-forward 1952-54, 67 appearances, 33 goals)
Peter Silvester (forward 1969-74, 112 (1) appearances, 37 goals)
Mark Barham (winger 1979-87, 213 (10) appearances, 25 goals)
David Phillips (midfielder 1989-93, 186 appearances, 20 goals)
Dion Dublin (forward/defender 2006-08, 56 (23) appearances, 16 goals)
Friday, November 13 promises to be an evening full of nostalgia when those from the above list who can attend plus many existing Hall of Famers gather together. This will be followed by an introduction to the Carrow Road crowd at the half-time interval of City's match with Tranmere Rovers on November 14.
Confirmed attendees so far include Kevin Drinkell, Martin Peters, Duncan Forbes, Craig Fleming, Rob Newman, Mark Barham and, just back from San Jose, Darren Huckerby.
t Tickets are still available for the Hall of Fame dinner, priced at �40 each, or �360 for a table of ten by contacting 01603 218704.